Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after many trips to California, Colorado, Moab, Sunrise, Flag and just about everywhere else in the state I have finally hit 100k miles in my truck. I missed the actual 100,000 on the mileage readout which I was bummed about. It was like missing a Haley's comet for me. Anyways, anybody have any advice what I should be looking for maintenance wise with those amount of miles? Oh yeah, here's a nice Moab pic taken by Sixty from the tacoma.

Attachments

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skinny-tire said:
I'd check for any loose change under the seats, stuck in the seat pads, in the ashtray, etc.
Yeah, I usually try to keep on top of the change situation along with washing off the blood stains and "sand" :eek: from Kavu on the weekends.

·
Registered
112 Posts
azdog said:
-----I have finally hit 100k miles in my truck. ----Anyways, anybody have any advice what I should be looking for maintenance wise with those amount of miles?
Just drive it. Carry a replacement belt and duct tape!

One of mine has over 200K miles on it. It sits all winter in a garage at 9100' in Colorado and starts up every summer when I'm there to use it.(fuel stabilizer is a good thing...8mpg isi a bad thing:eekster: ). Two other cars have 130k+ miles and my kj crd has 33K on it. I drive them doing regular oil/filter changes and not much of anything else.

I'd post a picture but the server is to busy......:mad:

G

·
Check to see when the timing belt needs to be replaced, I know my X was about 100,000 miles. Also, spark plugs is you have never done them. Oh yeah, get your steering checked out, last time I drove it on Elden it seemed like there was a "clunk" in the steering column.

Lastly, can you get rid of the stench of Corn Nuts and Tuna fish that Crazy J left in there...:D

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sixsixtysix said:
Check to see when the timing belt needs to be replaced, I know my X was about 100,000 miles. Also, spark plugs is you have never done them. Oh yeah, get your steering checked out, last time I drove it on Elden it seemed like there was a "clunk" in the steering column.

Lastly, can you get rid of the stench of Corn Nuts and Tuna fish that Crazy J left in
there...:D
Yeah, the Elden Lookout road always jacks my alignment, I have been Febrezing my truck constantly to get rid of the smell and also put the banzor on Crazy J in my truck:D

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
clockwork said:
Change the oil, belts, trans fluid, rear end fluid ect. My Chevy has 290k and has had only oilchanges and tune ups in the last 120k
Awesome good to know. It still has plenty of life then.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.