Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to confirm with other Canadians if they know the Ontario government or Fed will implement doctor user fees per visit. I wonder if we have to pay for hospital visit too. This fed gov't is corrupted and lined their own pockets and we have to pay for their mistakes. :mad:

·
Registered
58 Posts
As much as I love this country and am very glad I moved here the political system is becoming corrupted with the same greed that is afflicting the Australian governement which I was glad to leave behind :(

Are you saying the fee per visit is officially confirmed or are you asking if anyone knows what the usage fee's will be? My guess the per visit fee to GP's will be $30-$40 but I sure hope hospitals won't charge on a per use basis.

Everyone: get insurance now it looks like we are all going to need it soon enough, I'm lucky my employer offers a good package.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
Oh really?

unless you can state the source of your information, your little post is nothing but a rumour.

And in case you forgot, this is a bike site; please use Political-Socio-Economic-Religion forum for this kind of unsubstantiated stuff.

I won't argue the point here, but I believe you to be totally wrong.

Jim

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the new user fee will implement this July 2005. All patients must pay doctor per visit. I wonder what the heck is the gov't OHIP(gov't ) card is used for if we have to pay doc from our own pocket?

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
that's illegal

please state your source of information. "I Believe" doesn't mean squat.

Unless there has been a change at federal level, it's illegal to charge user fees in this country. So until it changes in Parliament, status quo.

Jim

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I got to double check on that source. The local TO paper was making that claim due to change in doc payment system with the provincial gov't

ok. it was the TO star that made statement.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm sorry for continuing this discussion, but I think Picard might be thinking of is a 2-tier option which gives GP's the option to not use OHIP and charge users directly. Most GP's would still use OHIP and it is not even sure this will be implemented any time soon, let alone July this year...

Anyway, I have never ventured into the political forum but this should be there. I assumed the first post was confirming a news report or something.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
thanks yeah

I still can';t believe he hasn't stated a source, the Sun, Globe and star turn up nothing. :rolleyes:

2 tier gets kicked around all the time, but it's still illegal and requires and act of Parliament to commence.

But separate billing is real, and has been for some time. Almost no docs use it.

Physicians may submit claims for all insured services rendered to insured persons, directly to OHIP in accordance with section 15, or they may bill the insured person as specified in section 17 of the Health Insurance Act (see also the Health Care Accessibility Act). Physicians who do not bill OHIP directly are commonly referred to as having "opted-out". When a physician has "opted-out", the physician bills the patient (not exceeding the amount payable for the service in the Schedule of Benefits), and the patient is then entitled to reimbursement by OHIP. The percentage of opted-out physicians has fallen to less than one percent since the enactment of the Health Care Accessibility Act in 1986.

OK, back to bikes. Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.