Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
You Are What You Is
920 Posts
You just know I've seen that. Many times. He looks so meek & young back then.
I'm actually just finishing reading a biography of Zappa by Barry Miles. Very good read. If you're a Zappa fan I recommend it.

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
i'm lucky to have seen him play in '88. man! i was only 16 back then. someone passed us a 'hand rolled' cigarette, zappa played a version of the beatles 'i am the walrus'. good times.

·
2,856 Posts
Of course I had a bit more mellow morning music playing for the bike commute in to work today. Jerry and the boys accompanied me perfectly with Dick's Picks #19 - Oklahoma City '73, Disc 3:

Dark Star ==> Mind Left Body Jam ==> Morning Dew ==> Sugar Magnolia ==> with Eyes of the World serenading me into my office.

Frank for the return tonight, so no hijacking intended.

Ed E

·
Registered
419 Posts
whats with your guys handle/avatar correlation? One handle is P Funk (as in Parliament Funkadelic) with an avatar of Zappa, and the other handle is Vulgar Display of Power, a Pantera album, also with an avatar of Frank. :skep:

·
You Are What You Is
920 Posts
funkenstein said:
whats with your guys handle/avatar correlation? One handle is P Funk (as in Parliament Funkadelic) with an avatar of Zappa, and the other handle is Vulgar Display of Power, a Pantera album, also with an avatar of Frank. :skep:
Who cares anyway (besides you)? Are you the avatar police?

·
10,112 Posts
Don't forget

funkenstein said:
Don't forget the quote under my Avatar "Who are the brain police?" is a song by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention.

And what kind of correlation are you talking about here? Partial? Distance? How about a bivarate correlation with a Peasons coefficient and a two-tailed significance test. Would that do the trick?

·
10,112 Posts
I remember a sick drum solo in that video...
Gots to watch that again.

·
I like wheelies
113 Posts
Frankness

lanceh said:
anyone catch the zappa plays zappa tour? the first stop in the US was here in philly. was a great show. so many classics and many more that i had never heard live. project object shows are good but this was great.

wish i haddn't been suffering with the flu so i could have enjoyed it more.

http://www.zappa.com/cheezoid/whatsnew/zpz/
Bummed that I missed this.:madman:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.