Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
7,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get one or not ? Opinions.

I work from home and am not exposed to the masses of sick people in the cube farm so I lean toward the opinion that I don't really need it.

I have not had a shot in probably 20 years nor have I had the flu in the last 3 years ( I know just like mentioning rain in a race thread, I probably just gave myself the kiss of death).

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Get one or not ? Opinions.

I work from home and am not exposed to the masses of sick people in the cube farm so I lean toward the opinion that I don't really need it.

I have not had a shot in probably 20 years nor have I had the flu in the last 3 years ( I know just like mentioning rain in a race thread, I probably just gave myself the kiss of death).
Never, and have never gotten the flu.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I work around sick people going on 11 years now, and have never gotten a shot, nor have I ever gotten the flu (knock on wood). My 2 cents is let your body fight it off naturaly. That being said, my 7 and 5 year old kids get one every year. I hate to see the little buggers in pain or sick.

·
Dirt Merchant
312 Posts
Never gotten one either. Rule of thumb: if your old, young, have reason to be susceptible (previous conditions, cancer, etc), get one. If you are of general good health, no need to get one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't get it or any other vaccines! Studies show they don't work.
In a review of 48 reports including more than 66,000 adults, "Vaccination of healthy adults only reduced risk of influenza by 6% and reduced the number of missed work days by less than one day (0.16) days. It did not change the number of people needing to go to hospital or take time off work."

Reference: "Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults." The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 1 (2006).

Not to mention it has formaldehyde, a known carcinogen, in it as well as other toxic stuff. There's a reason your science teacher taught you to use caution with the formaldehyde touching your skin. You certainly don't want to inject it.

For more information see: The Truth about the Flu Shot

Definitely don't give your kids vaccines. Don't worry about the school not letting them in without them. That is a myth. Just sign a waiver and you're in.

Don't let doctors scare you into getting them either. I am a biologist and my M.D. friends do not use them either. Especially the flu shot.

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
From the website's disclaimer:

The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
Yyyyyeah. But it turns out there's tons of great stuff to buy there -- supplements, books, "neurotransmitter sprays" (???), and Bachmann-approved "vaccines cause damage" t-shirts. I'm sure it's purely coincidental that scaring the hell out of parents helps the good "doctor" move product.

·
Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
859 Posts
I got one last two years and did not get the flu, I got back from Vegas last week and the day I didn't have beer in my system I caught the flu, I missed a week of work and still getting over it hacking up lung goo. I just got a new flu shot yesterday but I think beer will work better so I am drinking more.

·
bland
1,294 Posts
Don't get it or any other vaccines! Studies show they don't work.
In a review of 48 reports including more than 66,000 adults, "Vaccination of healthy adults only reduced risk of influenza by 6% and reduced the number of missed work days by less than one day (0.16) days. It did not change the number of people needing to go to hospital or take time off work."

Reference: "Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults." The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 1 (2006).

Not to mention it has formaldehyde, a known carcinogen, in it as well as other toxic stuff. There's a reason your science teacher taught you to use caution with the formaldehyde touching your skin. You certainly don't want to inject it.

For more information see: The Truth about the Flu Shot

Definitely don't give your kids vaccines. Don't worry about the school not letting them in without them. That is a myth. Just sign a waiver and you're in.

Don't let doctors scare you into getting them either. I am a biologist and my M.D. friends do not use them either. Especially the flu shot.
What kind of biologist are you? When I was getting my microbiology degree I was warned about this kind of advice being spread around by the ignorant. Do you know what herd immunity is and how it works?

·
Banned
7,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Asked my doc today and she told me to skip it... said I'm healthy enough that my body would fight it off just fine. I eat right, exercise and don't smoke too much crack so I'm good to go.

She did advise I get a tetanus shot thought...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.