Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Almost Human
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I just say it already? Elway = FAIL, big time.

I've never liked golden boy since the treatment Dan Reeves got
on his way out. Then they brought in Waaaade. Mr. Booooring.
Double FAIL.

But I succumbed and almost became a Bronco's
fan this year after seeing boy wonder and his Holy Grail.

Alas, today I see $90 mil is the offer for an over-the-hill QB
with fused vertebrae in his neck and a questionable future in-lieu
of a young QB with more charisma and public appeal than Elway
ever had or will ever have. Who cares if he believes in God?
He's fun to watch. It's (was) exciting again.

But Elway has reached a new low with this one. Elway needs to
go away. No one will trust him from this point on. BRONCOS FAIL.

Go Cowboys! Again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
233 Posts

Double FAIL.

But I succumbed and almost became a Bronco's
fan this year after seeing boy wonder and his Holy Grail.

Alas, today I see $90 mil is the offer for an over-the-hill QB
with fused vertebrae in his neck and a questionable future in-lieu
of a young QB with more charisma and public appeal than Elway
ever had or will ever have. Who cares if he believes in God?
He's fun to watch. It's (was) exciting again.

Go Cowboys! Again. :rolleyes:
^^^^^QFT!

BOTH Manning and Tebow represent a risk but IMO Tebow represents a lot more up side than Manning. The fans love him, not just Bronco fans, and if he achieves his potential he can be with the Broncos for many years. OTH, Manning has proven skills but it is unknown if he will be healthy and even if he is healthy he won't have but a few years left of top caliber playing due to his age.

I do not like Elway. :madman:

·
Registered
8 Posts
A non Broncos fan complaining about not being a Broncos fan, oh no. Real Broncos fans won't miss you, Tebow, or the Tebofanatics once Elway gets rid of him. NFL quarterbacks don't throw rocket balls into the dirt. BTW, who would want arguably the best quarterback ever..... And no, I am no talking about Timmy, which NFL teams are already saying they would not want him. So its not just an Elway thing, its a NFL thing to not want Timmy as the QB.
Well said. :D
Go Broncos!

·
Registered
132 Posts
A non Broncos fan complaining about not being a Broncos fan, oh no. Real Broncos fans won't miss you, Tebow, or the Tebofanatics once Elway gets rid of him. NFL quarterbacks don't throw rocket balls into the dirt. BTW, who would want arguably the best quarterback ever..... And no, I am no talking about Timmy, which NFL teams are already saying they would not want him. So its not just an Elway thing, its a NFL thing to not want Timmy as the QB.

·
Almost Human
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^^QFT!

BOTH Manning and Tebow represent a risk but IMO Tebow represents a lot more up side than Manning. The fans love him, not just Bronco fans, and if he achieves his potential he can be with the Broncos for many years. OTH, Manning has proven skills but it is unknown if he will be healthy and even if he is healthy he won't have but a few years left of top caliber playing due to his age.

I do not like Elway. :madman:
The Broncos only hope is that PM is a decent guy who understands more
about trust and teamwork than Elway does and doesn't want to take
Tebow out by accepting the offer.

Though should he do so it would certainly create an interesting season
with not only a potential Tebow-Orton rematch, but a Tebow-Manning
game to boot.

·
Almost Human
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If PM were A+ material then Indy wouldn't have let him go. They know
something that we don't. Like one hit, lights out.

This doesn't look football fit to me and just what is Elway doing with his hand
in there? I think he actually has a woody for Manning. :eek:

·
Registered
418 Posts
How about a real QB that can actually throw the ball for crying out loud. Tebow is not an NFL QB and requires a back up and complete playbook made around someone who can't do the one thing an NFL QB must be able to do.....Throw The Ball.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Thanks, Elway, now we actually have a quarterback. Thank you thank you thank you.

edit: only an offer so far? I wonder who PM will actually sign with.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Im all for manning! Then the playbook will go past 6 plays....

p.s. Disclaimer Im a well know Tebow hater.:thumbsup:
Unlike you, I'm not a Tebow hater. I have a lot of respect for him in numerous areas, except for his passing ability (or lack thereof).

It's easy to understand why his supporters are so supportive, but it tickles me when I hear folks talk about how if the Broncos let him go it will irreparably damage the team in the eyes of the fans.

One thing I've learned in the 18 years I've lived in CO, Broncos fans will be Broncos fans no matter who they put on the field.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Tebow's contract is not very much $$, I say keep him (if he'll stay), let him play WR and backup qb.

Manning plays the first three qtrs till his neck gets stiff, then bring in the Tebow as qb for the fourth, that's the only time he turns it on anyway.

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
2,031 Posts
QFT = quoted for truth... or quantum field theory... but I think here it means quoted for truth. lol

I'm assuming they will make Manning an offer and then move Tebow to his true position of Fullback.

·
friend of Apex
4,007 Posts

Double FAIL.

"they" = Bowlin (Broncos owner)
He then fired Wade and brought in Shanny, who subsequently won 2 superbowls (with Elway)

Bowlin has proven over and over he will do what it takes to win superbowls, not just sell tickets.
Which is why Tebow is out and Manning is in.

Get over your deep seated Elway hate. He's a winner, and like Bowlin he will do what it takes to do so. Even if that means leaving Dan Reeves fans butthurt many years later.

So- Do you want to watch Tebow (which I did enjoy, not a h8r), or do you want to have a reason to overturn some cars and start them on fire?

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
I'll chime in as a non Bronco fan.

I'm from WI. Go Packers, go Badgers.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts