Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to Ebay and recently sold a half dozen items via auction. Most went smoothly although two of the winning bidders were from outside the US and are unable to abide by my terms of sale. I specifically stated these terms in my ad.

What is my recourse besides providing negative feedback about these two individuals? I'd like to actually actually speak to someone at Ebay but it looks like contacting them directly, either by phone or email, is virtually impossible.

It's been my experience that many people using Ebay are deceitful (sp?).

Does anyone on this forum have any suggestions how to proceed, or have had a similar experience? Anyone know how to contact Ebay directly?

Appreciate any considered input?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Normaly if the add says US only they will ask beffor bidding, when you check to see bidding on what your selling you can check to see where they are from & what they normially buy. If the bidding has ended & they paid for a product your stuck with a couple options. 1) Find out what the shipping charges will be, include handeling, & request he pay the additional charge. 2) Refund his money with a note stating you dont sell out of the US & the posting stated this, with no feed back. Then just wait if he leaves you - feed back then you can reply why you didnt sell to him, it wont make you look bad as long as people read your reply. You can leave a neutral response also.

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
Watch your auctions as they're happening, and cancel the bids of those outside of the US. Personally, if the auction clearly states that you will not ship outside of the US or sell outside of the US, then I wouldn't complete the auction. Breach of contract or something like that (I am NOT a lawyer). If they send you the money, do as above, and refund and relist it, as mentioned above...

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Some thoughts

gard_nerd said:
I'm new to Ebay and recently sold a half dozen items via auction. Most went smoothly although two of the winning bidders were from outside the US and are unable to abide by my terms of sale. I specifically stated these terms in my ad.

What is my recourse besides providing negative feedback about these two individuals? I'd like to actually actually speak to someone at Ebay but it looks like contacting them directly, either by phone or email, is virtually impossible.

It's been my experience that many people using Ebay are deceitful (sp?).

Does anyone on this forum have any suggestions how to proceed, or have had a similar experience? Anyone know how to contact Ebay directly?

Appreciate any considered input?
First off, as much nonsense that happens on ebay, don't let the negatives stop you from buying or selling there. Realize there is a calculated risk to selling anything online, be it the mtbr classifieds, ebay or elsewhere. As for getting a human being on the phone to register a complaint, or make a suggestion, I doubt it will happen. Even if you do, it's doubtful anything will come as a result. In essence you have no real recourse on these two bidders.

If you want to stop bidders from outside the US from bidding, then you can set your auctions up that way. On the payments and shipping page , there is a section called "Buyer requirements". In this section there is the option to "block buyers who are registered in countries to which I don't ship." This has worked for me in the past. It will weed out a majority of the scammers.

Good luck in your future auctions.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.