Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BLS439
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Sorry this is off topic, but I am in need of some tutorials or books for Dreamweaver 8/Flash 8 to help me create my website. I've been searching the net for information, but can't seem to find anything that informative.

Please pass on anything you have!

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I would suggest you learn good ol' HTML and build it in that and then if you want get fancy w/ other stuff as an alternative - love those sites that load as a white page 'cause the person who built it didn't know $hit about what they're doing and only used flash or some other nonsense.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I like...

BLS439 said:
Hello all,

Sorry this is off topic, but I am in need of some tutorials or books for Dreamweaver 8/Flash 8 to help me create my website. I've been searching the net for information, but can't seem to find anything that informative.

Please pass on anything you have!

Thanks,
Dave
the 'Bible' series of books. I have an older one on Flash that is pretty good.

I second what the other folks have said. Learn plain 'ole HTML first and build on that. If you have not bought Dreamweaver yet, try using Netscape 7.2. It has Netscape Composer built into it, and is a pretty good HTML editor, and its free. I'm still on Dreamweaver 3, circa 1997. It still runs okay on OSX, but it is a bit buggy in the code it creates.

Then again, I'm no pro. Our site sucks, and it is mostly because of my cruddy coding. I seriously need to learn Cascading Style Sheets and clean it all up.

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
another "learn the basics of HTML" before you start coding away person here.

Liz Castro is the author of HTML for the World Wide Web, now in it's 5 th edition. It's a great reference, lots of visual examples, and good for a beginner or expert. I basically taught myself HTML from these books. She has a new one, a very simple guide to style sheets, called "Creating a Web Page with HTML" which is kind of dummie's guide to CSS. That's what I needed to understand style sheets.

~formica

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.