Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got dirtbike fever right now. The last two years my yz250fs been sitting under the house collecting cobwebs. The reason it sat so long mainly is because of an injury that affected me more mentally than physically. It took a while to come back and twist the throttle again.

Both ankles were twisted upon caselanding a double on our back straightaway. Injuries suck but the body is amazing.

Lately the mountain bikes are taking a break and the dirtbikes are out again.

Just posting for the dirtbike love. Been riding a couple 05' bikes. kx250f and an RMz450.

Who else is riding motos?

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Isn't there a forum some place that deals with gas bikes? Ya see the title here says...M.O.U.N.T.A.I.N. bike review, not motorcycle review. Personally I'm not into any vehicle that uses gas other than my car and it's mostly utilitarian uses.

To each their own.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm waiting for one buddy to fix his moto, and some other buddies keep telling me they're going to buy one. But unfortunately my CRF230F waits for me in the garage. After two bad falls (one should have done me in) I don't ride solo anymore. She might not get to see the snow this year but spring and summer will be lots of fun.
I agree getting back on after a nasty fall is far more mental than physical.

·
Registered
13,171 Posts
First of all: I believe that mtbr is a fratrernity of like-minded individuals who love to mtb.... but because we're friends we should be free to discuss our other passions too... especially one that is so closely related to mountain biking. If you don't want to join in then just don't click on this thread. Pretty simple really.

Second: I dirt bike too. 37 years now. Just got a new bike last August and sadly have only ridden it three times. It seems my mtb passion has over shadowed my dirt bike passion lately. I still love it though. Now if this snow would go away so I could ride.

Attachments

·
Use this space for what?
219 Posts
KRob said:
First of all: I believe that mtbr is a fratrernity of like-minded individuals who love to mtb.... but because we're friends we should be free to discuss our other passions too... especially one that is so closely related to mountain biking. If you don't want to join in then just don't click on this thread. Pretty simple really.

Second: I dirt bike too. 37 years now. Just got a new bike last August and sadly have only ridden it three times. It seems my mtb passion has over shadowed my dirt bike passion lately. I still love it though. Now if this snow would go away so I could ride.
Why does it appear that you're riding the KTMtalk bike they made for the Dirt Rider internet bike shootout? Are you Jimmy Lewis?

Yes, I ride too. I've been riding since I was 13, raced for a couple years in Australia when we lived there, now it's mainly trails, until I can get a job ! I'll find a pic to attatch

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I like to moto too - mostly all track riding - no trails - have a CRF 450.

Both me and my 13 yr old son love to moto and mtb. However in the past year we have done a lot more mtb - only because we can ride from our house the trail head instead of a 1 hour drive to the track.

I know lots of bike nazi types are against it - but riding a motocross bike on a real track - and getting used to the air and speed and obstacles - does wonders for your bike handling skills on an mtb. Sure they are not 100% the same - but it really gets you used to going very fast - and always on the edge of control (you have to keep up the speed to clear the jumps) - and well it is fun as hell.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,502 Posts
I was into it for a while...but blowing out my ACL/MCL/PCL in one shot, as well as having miles of Mt. Bike trails that me and my buddies built get blown out by idiot throttlers, well, that sorta shot my passion.

The KTM 450 was fun, but just not worth the pain.

·
Registered
13,171 Posts
Ah yes, the Torch.

Cozza said:
Why does it appear that you're riding the KTMtalk bike they made for the Dirt Rider internet bike shootout? Are you Jimmy Lewis?
As a matter of fact....... uh, no.

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.:thumbsup:

Very trick bike. Very cool pic and the only one I had on my hard drive at work. In my defense, I never said that was me. Now that I'm home I'll dig around and see if I can find a picture of my '06 300xc-w. Good eye.... you a ktmtalker? I clipped the photo from the ktmtalk.com project bike thread.

Here's mine:
Great bike. I had a 525exc before this one but rode yamahas for 12 years before that.

Attachments

·
Yes, that's fonetic
3,893 Posts
SHAHEEB said:
I've got dirtbike fever right now. The last two years my yz250fs been sitting under the house collecting cobwebs. The reason it sat so long mainly is because of an injury that affected me more mentally than physically. It took a while to come back and twist the throttle again.

Both ankles were twisted upon caselanding a double on our back straightaway. Injuries suck but the body is amazing.

Just posting for the dirtbike love. Been riding a couple 05' bikes. kx250f and an RMz450.

THAT'S why you've been so scarce lately.:yesnod:
I'm stepping it up....hitting (almost) everything on the "b" line. The berm run is completely bermed out and there's a brand new 20' gap off of it.
I still have your trickle charger I need to return....

·
Use this space for what?
219 Posts
KRob said:
As a matter of fact....... uh, no.

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.:thumbsup:

Very trick bike. Very cool pic and the only one I had on my hard drive at work. I never said that was me. Now that I'm home I'll dig around and see if I can find a picture of my '06 300xc-w.
Where do you live? Cause uh.. I"ll have to come and um... "borrow" your bike!!:thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Phrased best!

KRob said:

Too bad I can only ride a couple times a year now.

·
i love lamp
31 Posts
fred3 said:
Isn't there a forum some place that deals with gas bikes? Ya see the title here says...M.O.U.N.T.A.I.N. bike review, not motorcycle review. Personally I'm not into any vehicle that uses gas other than my car and it's mostly utilitarian uses.

To each their own.
boo hooo! he's polluting with his dirt bike! :rolleyes:

does this moto count?

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
fred3 said:

To each their own.
Like there are no other off topic "passions" discussed on these forums? Give me a break. Don't like the topic, don't click on the thread. Simple.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Shaheeb would blow the doors off of 95% of the forum members on a mt. bike (up, down, wherever). Of course, he'd never say that because he's too f'ing humble and chill from living in paradise, but he can bring it on the pedal bike in a big way.

Yo RJ.....I grew up riding motos and sold my last bike before I went to college. I've seriously been considering getting a 4 stroke the last year or two and might have to pull the trigger eventually.

braaaap,
EB

·
Don't be a sheep
3,445 Posts
SHAHEEB said:

I know of three people who have really screwed their ankles up casing jumps thinking they were Ricky Carmichael. One guy will never be the same and almost lost the ability to walk, fun. Most guys I know who have gravitated to dirt bikes from mountainbikes did so because they were getting fat and it's easier to have fun on a dirtbike when your fat.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have an old KTM 300 dxc I purchased after selling my quad because I really missed the speed and it was a great deal. I love it. When it's dry I'll usually be on the MTB, but I try to take the 300 out for a rip a couple times a week. Especially if it's super hot, raining or snowing. The sweet smell of burnt Klotz is an amphetamine to me.

·
member: kv dirt daddies
382 Posts
I love to ride

I ride a KTM like several others here. I trail ride mostly. I actually ride a lot of the same trail on both my moto and my mtb. As far as the trails are concerned dirtbikes give and take away. They can put a rut down the middle of a steep section but they can also create a smooth bermed out turn and keep the brush down. Many of the trails in my area would not be here if it wasn't for the motorcycles. They just wouldn't get enough traffic otherwise.
Hey KRob, where was that photo taken. It looks a lot like one of our local areas.

·
Registered
13,171 Posts
jfsh said:
Hey KRob, where was that photo taken. It looks a lot like one of our local areas.
It's not mine. It's from the KTMtalk.com project bike thread. Here's a link to the whole project.

Dirt Rider Magazine invited 4-5 internet dirtbike forums to build their ultimate bike then deliver/haul them to California for a big feature they did. I think they did the testing in/near Keysville, CA. Kennedy Meadows area I believe. I think it was featured in the August '06 Dirtrider.

Looks like some fun riding.

·
Gnarley!!!!!
260 Posts
sn't there a forum some place that deals with gas bikes? Ya see the title here says...M.O.U.N.T.A.I.N. bike review, not motorcycle review. Personally I'm not into any vehicle that uses gas other than my car and it's mostly utilitarian uses.

To each their own.
Another absurd post by this jerkoff. Nothing you post is positive on these forums, and you seem like a mean, cranky old rag. I usually skip your posting to avoid myself getting all worked up.
Anyways, you saw the title, so why did you click it? Don't cry now.... big baby.:cryin: :nono:

He's the type of selfish dick that will get the 2 strokes banned. Thanks.

I myself ride a 05 YZ250, and have been cravin latley. I find myself reaching for the mountain bike more often, though, I do take it out for a weekend sometimes.

Last summer my friends and I hooked up with this one guy we met at work. He owns 9 acres of land behind his house. The deal is, he gets AND pays for the dirt and we build the jumps, maintain, and cure the track. The sweetest part is he owns a bobcat and let us build the track with it. We usually ride there in the summer, but take an occasional road trip. It's a big hassle with dirtbikes though, and expesive!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.