Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
This is a very big issue overhere (Belgium, the Netherlands) !

You can never justify a kick like that as a professional sporter, although I can imagine he did it.

It is hard to understand why it happened if you don't know the battles that are going on in the European CX scene. There are some top riders who have very fanatical supporters. And when I say fanatical that is just what they are, extremely fanatical. And the battle is going on on the track, between the riders what results in very nice races now and then, but also physical and in what supporters say to riders.

The ******* he tried to kick has been harassing (insulting, what ever) him for ages which resulted in this amazing acurate kick (although he missed because that piece of **** was afraid enough to back up) .

Anyway, problem is the high alcohol consumption during the races (not by the riders, they are no singlespeeders ;) ), but above all the ignorance of the officials and organisers of the races. People like the guy he tried to kick should be stopped, in every possible way, by officials and organisers. If people can't behave themselves, they should be banned from the races.

And yes, they disqualified him, but he was not taken from the race and after he came in first, they canceled the disqualification....

That is strange off course because that suggests racer can kick someone shouting insulting things...

As I said, a big issue overhere and the last word is not spoken about it yet

JJ

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Good form. Nice leg extention!

I totally agree with the spectator thing. There's a point when being enthusiastic becomes too much. They should try and and do something. It must have taken a lot for the pro to break form and do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.