Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
March, dislocate shoulder…May 5 at Globe work day 'hit wall', separating four ribs, re-dislocating and tearing shoulder…I was down for a while.

I lived life in my home bubble…

Green Reflection Light Colorfulness Christmas ornament

…including today, shooting this self-portrait, bubble-shot from the koi pond. The orange swirls are the refraction of the large koi, and the silver 'blast' in the front is from the fish called Skeletor.

I was far from bored. The Harris's Hawks Parabuteo unicinctus have been raising their young and now number six. They return each evening to the home tree…
Organism Bird Accipitridae Beak Vertebrate

…and depart in the morning…

Organism Bird Accipitridae Beak Wing

With monsoon, there are beautiful storms coming over the Santa Catalinas, like this one on July tenth…

Nature Vegetation Daytime Natural landscape Natural environment

… and beautiful rainbows over Charouleau Gap…

Nature Natural landscape Green Daytime Sky

The abundance of rain has yielded verdant blooms of Indian Blanket Gallardia splendens

Petal Yellow Plant Flower Red

…and this hybrid zinnia, with (NO SATURATION INCREASE IN PROCESSIING)…

Petal Flower Red Pink Botany

The desert dwellers are everywhere, like this Robberfly of the Efferia species, less than one inch in length…

Invertebrate Daytime Insect Organism Arthropod

I'm returning to riding…trail pics next week…

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
beeeeutiful photos - patience pays off! :thumbsup:

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
thanks once again for the fantastic pics!!! No one likes being hurt (and thankfully its been a few years since I've had a bad one), but your positive attitude is the one to take. You discover new hobbies, ways or parts of your body to train, books, topics for study, etc. etc. Hope your next ride is a good one!!

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
W.O.W! as usual C.J. :thumbsup:

·
dirt visionary
6,509 Posts
Oh man that first picture is pure eye candy very nice as with the rest.

·
I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
874 Posts
I love the pictures man Simply amazing!

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, everyone!!!

I got some more excellent hawk shot this morning. HI was pulling weeds at daybreak and the Harris's Hawks were making an unusual cry. I got my camera and checked it out. Bobcat getting water had them all upset. (Maybe post shots later…)

Here's another 'Life in a Bubble', with different colors due to no fish swimming underneath the bubble at time of capture. (JPEG noise, quick copy, sorry…) Shooting these was an excellent experience. The tension of the hydrogen bond would cause an actual depression on the surface of the water that would violently return to it's normal bond/surface tension/molecular distribution postion, shooting little eruptions of tiny water droplets into the air when the bubble would burst. Not cool shots for viewing, but great 'geek' effect!

Reflection Green Colorfulness World Mirror

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Paul B said:
PHOTOSHOP.

I kid! I kid! I kid because I love, and because I'm desperately jealous of your work. Holycowwow.

p.

HA! ANY CAN CLAIM PHOTOSHOP. RAW IMAGE AVAILABLE TO ASCERTAIN MY VERACITY. PFFFFFFFT (that's supposed to be the rude sound of the lips and tongue in that mocking, disdainful, fashion so often employed by young children…or immature adults like me! LOL) Normal darkroom adjustments (wb, hsb, etc.),but no composite, no PS effects. The light was refracted by the water. I would focus on the bubbles as they formed off the edge of the waterfall, in the less turbulent area, follow and shoot before they would explode a split second later.

I did this with the camera…I try to improve what I do every day…usually I find the flaws, get critical and discard most…I just like these…

I got several 'stunners' this morning…

You should see how much the place has changed since last time you were here.

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,325 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing better.

·
Registered
527 Posts
sorry to hear about the injuries man but those pics are even better then normal man! The bubble shots are cool as heck.......

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well, sh!t, sH!T SH!T

Paul B said:
MOAR PRETTY PITCHERS

More pretty pictures might be all I do for a while.

Quick story: one month ago…
Xray one day, doctors (insurance) determines MRI necessary within twelve hours. MRI a month ago, no doctor call, no report, can't get info…my doctor changed practice location, so I call and inguire: hospital, "just didn't know where she was/is, but we sent the report" Me: Well, where did you send the report? hospital: "we can't give that information, but here's a hotline number" Call, explain situation, get someone who 'cares and understands'…never get a return call. So, I've been doing my own 'rehab'.

Fast forward to today: Doctor calls today, got report LAST NIGHT! A 'through and through' tear of the rotator cuff on the MRI. I said, "well, at least I know the pain isn't my imagination", and I asked her, "didn't they have to know that I was in this condition and, yet, they withheld the info?" So, I have to see an orthopedist. I asked her if my current rehab program could fix it and she responded, "how's it working, so far?" SH!T…if I can handle the pain, I'll wait until next week to see her, then that will put the orthopedist off for a bit. Maybe enough scar tissue will build that 'correction' will be a moot point. Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm falling behind in pulling weeds and maintaining my gardens as this is 'my good hand side'. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if my good hand is immobilized.

Any riding I do will be with as little drop, jolt, bump or huck as possible. I was entertaining riding again when I originally posted this, I figured, "well this isn't getting any better, might as well ride". I still plan on 'trail photos this week'.

Here's one of a 'launch sequence' I got in the morning, I'll get the whole thing done later…

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts