Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visiting next week and very familiar with the area and riding opportunities. However, I recently started taking a liking to craft brew and wondering if anyone can point out some local liquor stores or grocery stores that have a big great selection.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
BevMo and Total Wine and More are what you seek.

Buy Kiltlifter from Four Peaks and Mr. Pineapple from San Tan. Mr. Pineapple is awesome.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks e, I'll have to see how close I'll be to bevmo and total wine (I think those are near 10 and Guadalupe) I'll be closer to San tan / 202. Four peaks and San tan are on my regular rotation when visiting but haven't tried the pineapple yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Papago is also a good brewery / restaurant. They are known for their orange blossom beer. Total Wine seems to have a larger selection of cold beers, bigger freezer. But bevmo has some growlers you can buy of tap beers. They usually have a good local selection.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Papago is also a good brewery / restaurant. They are known for their orange blossom beer. Total Wine seems to have a larger selection of cold beers, bigger freezer. But bevmo has some growlers you can buy of tap beers. They usually have a good local selection.
I think I have been to Papago but I'll check it out. I'll be in town for 10 nights this time and I like to switch it up so the bigger the selection (both local and non local) the better. Bonus if it's close to home base for the last minute decisions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
gas stations now have growler filling stations. alma school and germann, think its a diamond shamrock, is decent (not up to par with whole foods or a brewery or bevmo- but still its a gas station with microbrews on tap). carwash/gas station at warner and gilbert (quickshine?) has a beer selection that rivals total wine with better prices.

edit - shell at 48 and chandler may have taps too. have not verified.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Second the Whole Foods in Chandler (Ray and 101). Excellent taps, great selection in the coolers too.

Total Wino > Bevmo in my opinion for beers. As for bars, try Hungry Monk on Chandler Blvd just east of Dobson or the Perch on the south end of downtown Chandler.

As for breweries in AZ, check out this website and map I came across.

Interactive Beer Compass

All this beer talk is making me thirsty...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out AZ Wilderness on Arizona ave & Country Club, just won rate beers best new brewer award. The Perch recently opened up and they have an awesome draft selection. For a good bottle shop, Gilbert Convenience Mart has an awesome selection, they're on Gilbert Rd, just south of down town Gilbert.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I recently went to Uncle Bears off I10 & Ray I think. Very nice selection of brewed on site beer and food. Reminds me of Full Sails selection. If you are heading back from NRA there is Desert Eagle Brewery in down town Mesa on Main st. And anther vote for the WHole Foods. Great selection and proces on tap.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
BevMo and Total Wine and More are what you seek.

Buy Kiltlifter from Four Peaks and Mr. Pineapple from San Tan. Mr. Pineapple is awesome.
Oh god no!!!!!!! The Walmart and Kmarts of liquor. If you want to try some craft beers, you need to go to Tops Liquors and Taste of Tops tap room on University. Also, check out Boulders, OHSO, and Angels Trumpet, which are bars that specialize in craft beers. You can get a growler filled at either.

Regarding local breweries, there are a lot on the east side: San Tan in Chandler, Four Peaks in Tempe, Wilderness (I think in Gilbert) and Pagago in Tempe. Couple more central, west side are Fate in north Scottsdale, Sunup in central, North Mountain (a real hidden gem).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Arizona wilderness was great all around (Got a growler of the IPA). Won't have a ton of time to choose outings and locations so most of my drinking will be done at home base. I'll try to get over to tops liquors unless someone has an equivalent closer to chandler 202/Gilbert.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts