Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure what to do with this
this was my first decent roadbike, it was an upgrade to my 24" schwinn varsity in my early teens and it was paid for with paper route money hehe

its been sitting in the basement almost forgotten for many years , I tore it down to the frame cleaned and regreased all the bearings , polished everything that could be polished tuned the drivetrain and have been riding it a couple times a week. I dont know what to do about the frame, there is some surface rust and the decals are dry rotted. Is it worthwhile to try and get new decals and restore it to original or should i just say the heck with it and repaint whatever color I have laying around? matching the original paint will be easy enough but how hard will it be to find new decals?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
NRSguy said:
Is it worthwhile to try and get new decals and restore it to original or should i just say the heck with it and repaint whatever color I have laying around? matching the original paint will be easy enough but how hard will it be to find new decals?
As usual, my answer is just ride it, and don't worry about it. If the rust is bad sand it down and cover the area with auto wax (i..e Turtle Wax) and it will be fine. Or better yet just cover it with auto wax, and don't sand it down. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.