Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and then transfer it to my MP3 player?

Santa came a lil' early and gave me Delphi's XM2Go which is just for XM Radio. So far I love it!!! It's a bit bulky and I doubt I'm gonna get any reception in the gym. I use my MP3 player on runs and road rides and I just think the XM2Go is just too bulky and heavy for stuff like that.

So I was wondering if I can somehow record XM Radio onto my computer as an MP3 file (once you sign onto XM, you get alot of their stations through the net) and then transfer that to my MP3 player.

Thanks!

Nick

·
Registered
118 Posts
What you will need is....

a cable to connect the XM radio to the input port of the sound card ( 1/8 stereo plugs on each side I believe). Then you will need a program to record the input, I use Cool Edit (aka Adobe Audition), but I think the Windows Media Player records, Real Player will also record. Then you save the file or files as MP3's. In Cool Edit I usually cut and paste individual songs from long recordings of any input, cassettes, LP's etc. Make sure when recording you have the proper volume levels, too high and the high notes will get clipped off and sound lousy.

bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.