Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bollocks
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have family in town and would like to take all the kids out somewhere we could have a fire, tell stories, make s'mores, drink beer etc.... we live in HR but don't mind a drive, within reason! Daniels Gate used to be our go to but it appears fires are no longer allowed. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
572 Posts
HR, OT? What is going on here
but I bet you could go out to BC and camp along the road near the Colorado trail
BTW BC is buff creek I am trying to be hip

I also think there is camping at white ranch as well

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
36,876 Posts
HR, OT? What is going on here
but I bet you could go out to BC and camp along the road near the Colorado trail
BTW BC is buff creek I am trying to be hip

I also think there is camping at white ranch as well
I think you meant to say there is camping at WR as well. ;)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
As long as there's no fire ban just about any developed FS or state park CGs allow CFs in fire rings. Fires are generally allowed in dispersed camping on FS land unless otherwise posted. Just use common safety protocol and environmental ethic. (Use existing fire rings, use only dead wood on the ground or better yet, bring your own wood. etc.)

·
Bollocks
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As long as there's no fire ban just about any developed FS or state park CGs allow CFs in fire rings. Fires are generally allowed in dispersed camping on FS land unless otherwise posted. Just use common safety protocol and environmental ethic. (Use existing fire rings, use only dead wood on the ground or better yet, bring your own wood. etc.)
Thanks mate!

·
not actually bad :)
1,768 Posts
Reason I ask is 'cuz Pavilion Point above Georgetown would be pretty cool for all.
And you could make a half day or full day of it, with other fun stuff for them involved.

·
Bollocks
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reason I ask is 'cuz Pavilion Point above Georgetown would be pretty cool for all.
And you could make a half day or full day of it, with other fun stuff for them involved.
Thanks mate, i'll look into that. How much 4×4 do i "need"?

·
not actually bad :)
1,768 Posts
Just something with a bit of clearance.
A stock Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, 4Runner, Tacoma, etc would be fine.
Even more street type SUVs if you know how to drive off road a little.
The 1st stretch off Guanella Pass is the worst.

·
Bollocks
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just something with a bit of clearance.
A stock Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, 4Runner, Tacoma, etc would be fine.
Even more street type SUVs if you know how to drive off road a little.
The 1st stretch off Guanella Pass is the worst.
Sweet! Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts