Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess no one is rushing to say anything since it was over in the first quarter. Once again, Florida has Ohio State to thank for its national championship. Sheesh...as ESPN said, the University of Phoenix could have beat Ohio State last night...

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
CactusJoe said:
I guess no one is rushing to say anything since it was over in the first quarter. Once again, Florida has Ohio State to thank for its national championship. Sheesh...as ESPN said, the University of Phoenix could have beat Ohio State last night...
what are you talking about?

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,553 Posts
CactusJoe said:
I guess no one is rushing to say anything ...
Well, who cares? I could be riding my bike if I'm watching a "game". What's the point? Why should I care about someone else playing someone else?

·
Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
That was one of the most horrible games that I have ever seen Ohio State play out of the many years that I have been a fan. The defensive coordinator did not do **** to stop Florida's offense. They kept running 4 on the line and a zone defense, when they should have switched it up in the 1st quarter to go w/ 5 on the line and man-to-man defense.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I am so sick of hearing OSU fans state how great they are. "No one can touch us. We have the best coaching. We got speed. Blah, blah, blah, blah"

Troy Smith looked great without Ginn. Maybe Ginn should be the Heisman trophy winner.

I am by no means a Florida fan, but it was awesome watching the OSU fans crying in the stands.

OSU, you got ***** slapped by a team you said has no business being on the same field.

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
tiSS'er said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I am so sick of hearing OSU fans state how great they are. "No one can touch us. We have the best coaching. We got speed. Blah, blah, blah, blah"

Troy Smith looked great without Ginn. Maybe Ginn should be the Heisman trophy winner.

I am by no means a Florida fan, but it was awesome watching the OSU fans crying in the stands.

OSU, you got ***** slapped by a team you said has no business being on the same field.
Give me 10 names of OSU fans that constantly say the things you wrote above...

·
President Skroob
499 Posts
I could name 10 friends and co-workers who are OSU fans but you wouldn't know them. Now I am a Michigan fan but I was a little disappointed OSU looked so bad last night. When Michigan is done/losing again in a bowl game, I go for the Big Ten in general. I know bowl games are unfairly held in locations that favor the Pac-10 and SEC but sheesh we should have won more than two games.

OSU and Florida travelled nearly the same distance, however, USC got another freaking home game in the Rose Bowl.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
Umbrous said:
Give me 10 names of OSU fans that constantly say the things you wrote above...
Do you listen to sports talk radio? Jim Rome is full of OSU fans calling/emailing in stating the above. Yesterday afternoon on xtra910 on the Jeff Dean show, it was non-stop flapping. It will be interesting to see how many people fall off of the wagon now.

Even your first post moves toward my point. "OSU's defense sucked, we couldn't block, blah, blah, blah" I guess it is easier to tell yourself that your team didn't play well than it is to admit you got beat by a team with more talent, more speed, and a better gameplan.

I'll give it to you though, OSU fans are dedicated.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
GueroAZ said:
I could name 10 friends and co-workers who are OSU fans but you wouldn't know them. Now I am a Michigan fan but I was a little disappointed OSU looked so bad last night. When Michigan is done/losing again in a bowl game, I go for the Big Ten in general. I know bowl games are unfairly held in locations that favor the Pac-10 and SEC but sheesh we should have won more than two games.

OSU and Florida travelled nearly the same distance, however, USC got another freaking home game in the Rose Bowl.
I have the unfortunate pleasure of being a Michigan fan as well. How can you cheer for OSU?:madmax: Traitor!!! The Big Ten was overrated again this year. Michigan was no match for USC. I don't care if everyone on that team is a no-name, Carroll is an amazing coach. Carr has to go. He can't and won't beat OSU because Tressel is just too good.

OSU/USC would be a fun game to watch.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
tiSS'er said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I actually went to the game, and it was probably 70-30 OSU fans. The guy behind me said after the Florida band finished playing before kickoff "Now let's see a REAL band." I honesty was not rooting for either team, but my bro is a huge Gator fan, so I decided to root for them. After the kickoff return, I was thinking I should take off the hat I got for him.

My the third quarter, I would hear things like, "Yea, but can Tebow evern thrown the ball...I mean more than 5 yards," as if Fla had tricked the Bucks.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
CactusJoe said:
Um......isn't today officially the first day of college basketball?

BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all in March (well, actually, April)

·
Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
tiSS'er said:
I have the unfortunate pleasure of being a Michigan fan as well. How can you cheer for OSU?:madmax: Traitor!!! The Big Ten was overrated again this year. Michigan was no match for USC. I don't care if everyone on that team is a no-name, Carroll is an amazing coach. Carr has to go. He can't and won't beat OSU because Tressel is just too good.

OSU/USC would be a fun game to watch.
The BigTen routes for the BigTen when they are not playing each other. If you go to hardcore OSU fans, the majority of them route for Michigan when they are not only in a regular season game, but also a bowl game. The President of the OSU Alumni of Phoenix was throwing a get together to watch the Rose Bowl, and all, including myself, cheered for Michigan. It is a shame that they didn't play better though...

tiSS'er said:
Do you listen to sports talk radio? Jim Rome is full of OSU fans calling/emailing in stating the above. Yesterday afternoon on xtra910 on the Jeff Dean show, it was non-stop flapping. It will be interesting to see how many people fall off of the wagon now.

Even your first post moves toward my point. "OSU's defense sucked, we couldn't block, blah, blah, blah" I guess it is easier to tell yourself that your team didn't play well than it is to admit you got beat by a team with more talent, more speed, and a better gameplan.

That is nothing what he was saying. He was saying that OSU fans aren't nasty, don't rub it in (as you are now), and admit to their mistakes, and don't blame it on the refs, a single bad play, a certain player on either team, ... They blame it on themselves, and that is what you call good sportsmanship.

And skinny-tire: The season has been going for a while now. I went and watched the OSU vs. Illinois game on Sunday... and there were games before that.

·
1,314 Posts
tiSS'er said:
I guess it is easier to tell yourself that your team didn't play well than it is to admit you got beat by a team with more talent, more speed, and a better gameplan.

I said the OSU receivers got shutdown...and it goes without saying that Florida was the better team last night. What more would you like to hear?

For what it's worth I didn't like hearing my coworkers saying OSU had it in the bag... I recall OSU against Miami a few years back when the shoe was on the other foot.

ps- don't spend too much time listening to sports radio, it's nothing but like beating a dead horse. No one knows on any given game day how either team will perform.

·
Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
Umbrous said:
Dude shut your mouth, this explains all your hahah and stuff.. :rolleyes:
Did you get to go to the game?? If not, where did you go to watch it??

·
1,314 Posts
mtnbykr06 said:
Did you get to go to the game?? If not, where did you go to watch it??
No I didn't go to the game, by the time I realized OSU was in the BCS champ. the tickets were way too much money. I feel bad for any OSU fans that paid 1400 bucks to see OSU fall apart. :madman: I stayed at home and watched it on Fox in HD.

I thinking there is a stadium and red jersey connection with losses...Cardinals, Oklahoma, and OSU. ;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Umbrous said:
I thinking there is a stadium and red jersey connection with losses...Cardinals, Oklahoma, and OSU. ;)
Yeah, a curse against teams wearing red, and some sort of anti-curse for teams wearing orange and blue!

Arizona Cardinals, Oklahoma, Ohio St. = Red

Chicago Bears, Boise St., Florida = Orange and Blue

·
Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
The Cardinals are the curse. The first "football" team to "play" in that stadium, and they cursed them all!! Well at least Boise State won...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.