Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes I have to go on date with an attractive lady after a ride. I use plain soap to wash off the stinking sweat after long ride. Should I use body wash instead of soap? Is there any difference between body wash and soap? I want to be prepared for long night with the young lady so will body wash produce that spring scent smell? :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Body washes are a waste of money and you have to use one of those gay sponges. Do you really want your date to come over to the pad and see the same sponge she has hanging in the shower. Use dial and a brillo pad then splash on some cologne. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Neither...

Picard said:
sometimes I have to go on date with an attractive lady after a ride. I use plain soap to wash off the stinking sweat after long ride. Should I use body wash instead of soap? Is there any difference between body wash and soap? I want to be prepared for long night with the young lady so will body wash produce that spring scent smell? :D
Skip showering altogether and simply apply with Axe body spray. Drives the chicks crazy...

g

·
Registered
267 Posts
I grew up with only my mother so I had no choice but to use body wash. Now that Ive got my own place I still use it. dont use the gay little poof ball sponge though just put some on my hands and scrub works just like washing your hands with the squirt stuff next to the sink.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Just use scented soap or

splash on some cologne. There's nothing magical about body wash, regardless of what the marketing monkeys say.

I only clicked on this thread because I was surprised to find guys talking about body wash. I got some body wash for Christmas from my mom. She said this stuff (Olay) was fairly expensive and was really good for dry skin. Since I have very dry skin on my forehead and shins, I thought I would give it a try. Well, after 3 months of regular use, I can't see any friggin difference - my skin is still just as dry. Once that stuff is empty, it's back to bar soap for me.

And yes, I have one of those sponge thingies in the shower. I think it just helps lather the soap up so you don't have to use as much to wash (or maybe I have no friggin clue how it's really supposed to work). I must admit, when I went to the store, I was kind of reluctant to buy the sponge. There was some sort of testostorone reaction that prevented me from just tossing it in the cart without looking around first. Also, when a buddy came over to do a ride near my house, I was wondering if he was going to say something to me when he got done using my shower.

I gotta toss that stuff next week ...

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Silly Picard, after the way you barged into the Women's Lounge, no woman wants to date you anyway! Any soap will be fine :D

Kidding. Last time I had a guy over, I took him for a run in the park. While he was in the shower, I heard the unmistakeable "click" noise of the cap on my liquid soap from France. It's Palmolive passion-flower scent, and the girliest-looking thing in the shower.

I chuckled, because I could hear it from the hallway- he was so busted :eek:

At least I don't have a matching "pouf" to go with it.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Christine said:
Silly Picard, after the way you barged into the Women's Lounge, no woman wants to date you anyway! Any soap will be fine :D

Kidding. Last time I had a guy over, I took him for a run in the park. While he was in the shower, I heard the unmistakeable "click" noise of the cap on my liquid soap from France. It's Palmolive passion-flower scent, and the girliest-looking thing in the shower.

I chuckled, because I could hear it from the hallway- he was so busted :eek:

At least I don't have a matching "pouf" to go with it.
thanks Christine, you got nice sense of humor there. So, did the guy smell better for you with palmolive body wash. :p

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Joking right?

I gotta admit, I like the liquid soap. My wife buys all that kind of stuff.. but I've been liking the body wash style soap. Very simple... errr, not that I've had a tuff time figuring out a bar of soap:)

The only thing that I don't like about it is that it comes in a plastic bottle... more waste...

·
Registered
283 Posts
alright to clarify the gay little sponge thingies...they are loofas. And the only reason i use one and bodywash is that you get a much better lather. I used to be a soap guy until college. When you have to carry bars of soap to the showers in the dorms and then keep them in a basket, or container of sorts the bar never dries out. This makes for a goopy mess all over. So i switched over to body wash. A washcloth will do if you are offended by the loofa and aren't self confident enough to use one. But hey you get better lather and cleaning action. And if the girl comes over to the pad she'll more than likely be impressed by your personality more so than disgusted at a loofa.

·
Registered
23 Posts
penn state knows what its all about, the problem with bar soap is it gets dry and nasty while the liquid soap does not.........also there are plenty of good smelling guy soap out there now(i use old spice) its great and i dont plan on going back to the bars anytime soon

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use to be a "bar" guy myself. I was alittle homophobic about the loofa at first, but after the first time I used it I was hooked, Latherd up better then any washcloth could and I felt cleaner after. Plus my wife loves the smell of the stuff I use (Old Spice Body Wash) when i get out of the shower. ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think guys who use a loofa and body wash are cool. Shows that they dont care if others think they are gay...My husband uses one and I think he smells alot better than when he used the bar soap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Liquid Soap / spoungy things

I use both bar soap and liquid soap. Liquid is good to get all the hardened dirt / blood off if used with a spougy thing, bar soap and washcloth are good to get body oil off face and under arms.
I got a really bad dirt burn this weekend and washcloth is too painfull to clean it but bodywash I use dial or lever brand. It is allot less painfull to clean wounds.
As long as you shower daily does it really matter what you use. I know a few people who shower once a week and they ride bikes allot, now that is gross to me.
So use whatever you want just shower or bath, because I don't like to smell someone from 10 feet away, Do You ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.