Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the best company to get web hosting through. I am planning on making a website which has my videos on it, so I need a lot of space. I dont want to pay more than $100.00 a year. thanks a lot for your advice and I hope to get my site up and running soon

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Godaddy.com rocks

gtbikesalltheway said:
I was wondering what is the best company to get web hosting through. I am planning on making a website which has my videos on it, so I need a lot of space. I dont want to pay more than $100.00 a year. thanks a lot for your advice and I hope to get my site up and running soon
depends on your bandwidth requirements, tho. I say try it out, and if you exceed your bandwidth, you will get a warning and will prolly wanna buy more bandwidth.

·
Registered
437 Posts
gtbikesalltheway said:
Check out www.hostexcellence.com
They have one of the best "ratings" for website hosts.
I've been using them for almost a year and am very pleased. No problems whatsoever.

·
wawe member
892 Posts
gtbikesalltheway said:
For this website I plan on using Dreamweaver and Flash to build it so I just need a host with a lot of space
C|net has a lot of info on hosting services.

I've set up a site with Startlogic and have no complaints. I just looked at their site and they are offering a pretty good plan (2 gig storage/60 gig transfer) for $1 a month right now, normally $9 a month.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
gtbikesalltheway said:
Best is much more than your budget, but I have several customers who use catalog.com, and I moved some of my hosting there. $35-100 a year will about cover the needs of most. One thing that does stand out is that you can talk to decent people with relative ease if needed, and another is they accomodate all popular database types.

·
MTB Rider
3,007 Posts
www.webhost4life.com

pimpbot said:
depends on your bandwidth requirements, tho. I say try it out, and if you exceed your bandwidth, you will get a warning and will prolly wanna buy more bandwidth.
WebHost4life.com doesn't have bandwidth limits. $5 per month is their basic plan. This is VERY nice because too many providers rely on your site getting slashdotted and wacking you with HUGE overage bills.

I use this for http://www.outbacktrail.org. I chose it specifically because I wanted to include graphics (maps and pictures) without the risk of 3rd parties linking and sticking our trail group with big bandwidth bills.

If you use this service, please list me as the referrer. My referral id is outbacktrail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.