Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Genetic...LOL!

Truthfully, anyone can learn to wheelie or at least wheelie better. However, some of the wheelie ability that a few of these really talented riders possess is like it's almost hardwired into their brain and nervous system...but everyone can do it to some degree or improve. I remember being in Moab a few years ago waiting to pull out from the Walker Drug store on main street. This guy comes into view on that biggest, baddest Specialized Demo 9 model riding north on main street doing a wheelie. Me and another guy in the vehicle just sat there watching the guy ride out of sight...never even getting close to wobbling or dropping the front end. That bike is nearly 50 pounds, but he was riding it like a kid on a BMX bike. It was cool.

On the unicycle training idea, I know of one guy here at our shop who can wheelie any kind of bike with great skill but isn't that great on a unicycle. Not sure if it's a true crossover talent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.