Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have AppleCare for your computer/laptop? I bought my iBookG4 last September and am still debating whether or not to get the "extra warranty". I know I have until September this year to decide. The hesitation is obviously the $250 price tag. Anyway, how many of you have it? Any of you that don't? Should their be a criteria for getting it you get?(example:use of laptop etc etc etc)

Thanks

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Yep, I got it

Shwaa said:
How many of you have AppleCare for your computer/laptop? I bought my iBookG4 last September and am still debating whether or not to get the "extra warranty". I know I have until September this year to decide. The hesitation is obviously the $250 price tag. Anyway, how many of you have it? Any of you that don't? Should their be a criteria for getting it you get?(example:use of laptop etc etc etc)

Thanks
On my dual G4 and recently on my wife's Powerbook. Already paid off on the dual g4. I wish we got it on my wife's old powerbook. The drive failed one month after purchase (replaced under warranty), the fan failed, which prolly encouraged the second drive to fail. I replced the Apple hard drive with a Hitachi drive, which has been kinda funky, prolly because it did not have Apple ROMs.

Laptops in general are troublesome. I would get it. The added bonus is that you get Apple tech support in the deal as well. You can even call them up for stupid quesions.

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
We currently own 5 Macs and have owned at least 10 in the past 10 years.
We've done apple care on each and are glad that we did so.
Not every one needed service, but in those that did the repair cost saved paid for the policy on all the units.

·
I like Monkeys
886 Posts
Got It, Haven't used it.

Got it, haven't had to use it yet. But I'm glad I have it in case. Only been a Mac user for a couple of months. Not going back, 2 months, no crashes and no problems. (Knock on Wood)

PS...Tiger Rocks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Applecare is good. I have read good reviews using Safeware insurance also. Keep in mind that some credit card companies give you an extra year of insurance on top of the manufacturer warranty if you use your credit card when purchasing the item. My credit card has this perk and the best thing about it is it is FREE with my credit card plan.

my 0.02.........

·
Registered
545 Posts
Been using Macs for 13 years. Never had one break.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Get it, its well worth it, even if you never use it.

I currently have an 30' cinema display, Powermac G5, iMac (Soon to be a new G5), Powerbook, Airport, Airport Express, iPod etc etc and think that its worth getting for each of those items (With the exception of airports)....

I have one issue with my 30" display, and have not had time to deal with it but its good to know I can rely on Applecare no matter when be it during warranty or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.