Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Happy trails
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on doing the 1/2 marathon,this will be my first one.I have been running at night for the last 4-5 months and thought I would give this a shot.Looks like alot of fun!
Anyone else ??

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Hey Aaron...I'm also doing the 1/2. Kinda wish I'd have gone all out and attempted the full but such is life. I've been training pretty hard for it and haven't been on the bike too much the last 2-3 months. dryheat? is also up to the challenge. Should be a lot of fun. We had an intern at work who has done the last 3 or 4 and he said it's really laid back and just fun to do.

We're sticking around for Everclear too. The wife and I are big fans of theirs. Hopefully we can meet up b/4 or after.

·
Where the tree roots at?
44 Posts
Doing the 1/2 here as well. Been training for the past two months. My wife and I ran 9 miles today, our longest run to date. Next weekend is our 10 mile run. Should be a fun run with all the music.

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
2 more

My wife and I are both doing the half. I have only run twice since Thanksgiving - and strained my left calf both times. She's been running 3X/week and just did 10 miles today.

It's going to be fun.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm doing the 1/2, did it last year as well. I don't have time to train for a full, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

Such a slacker I have been the last couple weeks. My parents came in from Colorado 2.5 weeks ago and I have only run twice, plus I probably gained 5 pounds with all the home cooked meals. Still I am in much better shape than last year and hope to finish in under 2 hours 10 minutes.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
good luck to you all! PF Changs is a very well run event, lots of fun and draws huge crowds. the expo is awesome for free samples and gear, the music breaks are also fun. My wife's done it 4 times and its always been fun chasing the course on my bike - highly recommend it as a different kind of bike adventure and your runners will love the support.

·
Happy trails
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my starting corral and bib number.
corral 15
anyone else going to be in 15?
I put down a 2:30:00 finish time,i really wasn't sure about the length of time I would take to complete the 13.1.I did 10.6 the other night in 1:52,so I should be right around the 2:30 mark

·
Registered
510 Posts
I got corral 11 with an estimated 2:15 time (#31399). Based on my training runs up through DecemberI think that will be just about right, but based on my laziness and overeating during the holidays who knows, hopefully I didn't derail my training too much.

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
crashdude said:
Shooting for a 1:16 give or take. Hammered out a 10 miler in 58:37 yesterday.
:eekster: That is smoking! :thumbsup:

I'm shooting for simply not injuring myself during the event.

Last 2 Chang's were 1:52 & 2:15. If I can fall in between those two, I'll be thrilled!

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Dang that is smokin' dude. I'm shooting for under 2 hrs which I'd be proud of for this run down almost 38 year old body. I've knocked my 6 mile time down to 46 and change and have lost about 10 lbs in the last year or so. My 10 mile time was 1:30 on a very bad day. I was sick and didn't eat enough b/4 hand. I think 1:55 is very possible but one never knows how your gonna feel come race day. We'll see...should be fun either way.

·
H.E.R
158 Posts
During these races I usually run the first 10 miles at a steady pace then the last 5k i treat it as a 5k race were i then usually pick up the pace. The last mile is where I'll push it as hard as I can. Although sometimes it does not work that way :D

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
Good luck to you all out there!
How is the Health and Fitness Expo downtown? Is it worth taking a trip downtown to check out?

·
Registered
510 Posts
The Expo is geared to the runners, it's not too big. But there usually are free samples of things like Cliff bars, GU, even Miller beer. If I wasn't running, I don't know that there is enough that I would go.

·
Happy trails
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The expo was cool

Tom93R1 said:
The Expo is geared to the runners, it's not too big. But there usually are free samples of things like Cliff bars, GU, even Miller beer. If I wasn't running, I don't know that there is enough that I would go.
it is for the running crowd although there was enough crossover gear and free goodies to make it worth while.got to sample alot of things and see some great stuff too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.