Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I just got back from the local Spa dealer and we are going to order one within the week..... Just wondering if anyone else here has one or any experience with one. We are looking at a Vita Nuage. For the price I could replace my Honda Accord and have a nicer car to drive everyday - but this is supposed to help with stress on the body, etc... Hydrotherapy they call it.

If you got a Hot tub - what are the do's, don'ts and whats to look fors...

Thanks
FF

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
my wife and i got one a few years ago. definitly helps after long rides, etc. however, i find that i'm a lot more sluggish feeling if i use it the night before a long ride. but after it's pretty nice.

check on the water regularly, change the water regularly and you'll be fine. we have a marquis spa. works great. we actually got one because of chronic pain my wife deals with, so we had a prescription for it and thus was a nice tax write off. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
They are nice and I really enjoyed ours. Now what I did not enjoy was:
  • The daily maintenance (this may be easier with the newer models).
  • My wife did not like the temperature as hot as I did.
  • We never used it in the summer (see above).
  • While I had it drained for the summer, some mice decided it made a good home, so they remodeled it by removing all the wiring and soft plastic pipes.
If I had to do it again, I would have put the money into upgrading the bathroom with a steam shower stall, Jacuzzi tub and a sauna.

TD

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
TD© said:
They are nice and I really enjoyed ours. Now what I did not enjoy was:
  • The daily maintenance (this may be easier with the newer models).
  • My wife did not like the temperature as hot as I did.
  • We never used it in the summer (see above).
  • While I had it drained for the summer, some mice decided it made a good home, so they remodeled it by removing all the wiring and soft plastic pipes.
If I had to do it again, I would have put the money into upgrading the bathroom with a steam shower stall, Jacuzzi tub and a sauna.

TD
we don't have to do daily maintenance - more like weekly chem check with those little strips, adjust if necessary and clean the filter about once a week if we used it much, less often if we don't. also change the water about every 3-4 months.

one tip - we use chlorine and need to add a bit after each use. get some old film canisters and fill them up with the correct amount ahead of time. this way all you have to do is pop one open when done. no measuring when cold or wet or later.

we use ours year round. less in summer but we do get some cool summer nights so it's nice to have ready.

no probs with critters. ours is pretty self contained. if we moved, we could take it with us. just plugs into the wall in a regular 110 outlet.

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Fast Freddy said:
The wife and I just got back from the local Spa dealer and we are going to order one within the week..... Just wondering if anyone else here has one or any experience with one. We are looking at a Vita Nuage. For the price I could replace my Honda Accord and have a nicer car to drive everyday - but this is supposed to help with stress on the body, etc... Hydrotherapy they call it.

If you got a Hot tub - what are the do's, don'ts and whats to look fors...

Thanks
FF
Might want to consider ordering one from Costco and saving some cash. Jacuzzi manufactures their spas.

Some use full foam insulation and vent the heat fom their pumps (heat efficient but repairs are a b!tch), others seal the airspace inside and pump the hot air back into the tub (heat efficient but motors and electronics run hot). Bullfrog Spas has those replacable jetpacks and a really strong shell. Everyone says their system is the best. IMO, Hot Springs Spas are the best in the business but I still went with Costco. $3K vs. $7K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.