Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. If so, what is your favorite pre-ride groove song (or during ride if you iPod)?
Mine = Joyful Sound, Round the Wheel or Possibly Galactic. Whoops, that's 3 isn't it?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
grinch said:
Just curious. If so, what is your favorite pre-ride groove song (or during ride if you iPod)?
Mine = Joyful Sound, Round the Wheel or Possibly Galactic. Whoops, that's 3 isn't it?
Yeah, seen them a bunch of times. Don't eat the grilled cheese in the lot unless you want hep C though, dirty f*ckers.

·
The former Blue 'Goose
299 Posts
I like the tune "Texas". In fact, I never actually heard STI until I heard DJ Harry's
version of the song "Texas" which uses a lot of samples from STI....loved his take
and then I heard the original. My wife still thinks the piano riff in "Texas" sounds
like the intro to "Sex and the City" though...

·
Preemptive Revenger
867 Posts
Too many to list!

"Rivertrance" has its place, though. Also "Late in the Evening". Also...also...also...

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
grinch said:
Yep. Actually going to see them with Rat Dog next Wednesday. I'm more a granola, so I'm more into their blue grass stuff. My fav all time song from them is Live version of Tom's Thumb Blues.

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
skinny-tire said:
Yep. Actually going to see them with Rat Dog next Wednesday. I'm more a granola, so I'm more into their blue grass stuff. My fav all time song from them is Live version of Tom's Thumb Blues.
TTB is the snitt.

I envy your concert tickets . Thats gonna be fun . Long live Bob Weir.

·
Registered
292 Posts
itchin'

I'm itchin for an incident myself. I have been to Hornings to see them the last three years in a row. I am feeling cheated that my summers won't be the same now that Hornings Hideout has been closed to live concerts of this caliber. Wow that was a place to see a show. As for my favorite pre ride song hmmmmm......... They are all fantastic. I am particularly fond of: Shanty Town, How Mtn girls can love, and Miss Brown's teahouse and of course just about anything they tack the name jam on the end of. Their shows always have such a killer lineup. I love it when they play with Keller and or Spearhead/Michael Franti. damn fine times I tell ya:headphones:

·
lover not a fighter
198 Posts
"Lovely Day" by Bill Withers as a pre ride psyche up...

also, anything funky... James Brown's "Sex machine"or "I don't Want Nobody to Give Me Nothin"... "superstition" by Stevie... Earth, Wind and Fire "Shining Star"

I don't iPod when I ride, though...seems sacrilege to me

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had completely forgot about the cheese. I have a ton of their stuff. I remember the night I discovered them, driving home and one of the local radio dj's played a song. I got home 5 minutes later but sat in my driveway for another 10 to listen to the rest of the song. I was blown away.

Keller Williams did some stuff with them too and I really like that cat.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
You guys are talented, I could never figure out what to do with the Hoola-Hoop on the long downhills.:D

I like the cheese, but not a really devoted fan (not sure why, just never developed, I like Salmon, Syndicate, Bela, NGR and/or Strength #'s a LOT).

I've had several rides where I got the SCI version of "It's getting Hot in Here" in my mind. It's from one of their halloween shows, 2001 I think, and has some chick named Liza as guest singer. She does and AWESOME version of War Pigs too.

I like Ms. Brown's Tea House.

(For those of you that don't know: Google "Audio Archives" and there are litterally hundreds of shows from SCI and the bands I mentioned above that you can download for free. Most are great quality)

Bob Weir is washed up. I was an avid Deadhead in the 80's, saw some shows in the 90's, but the old saying is true:
---
Q: What does a deadhead say when they come down from all the acid?
A: Deeeuuuudde, This band sucks:cool:

·
Registered
752 Posts
depends.

Depends.

If I'm in my aggromode: Tool, Godsmack - then there's only one line... straight.

If I'm in my pumpclimb mode: some good trance (I know, Eurotrash) - Warp Brothers, Tiesto, Deep Dish

Post ride: Buddha Bar.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
My music changes from ride to ride

One day it might be Blue Grass, the next an old Dead tune or maybe the Ramones. These days its Surf Music. Not always the old classics from the 60's but the current crop of surf bands like the Boss Martians or Jon and the Nighthawks. There is just something about the driving guitars that gets me in the mood. Of course, it could be that it is summer and I'll be surfing this weekend or maybe the fact that I played in a surf band myself "back in the day."

Next week? Don't know what music will move me next week. Still too early to tell.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Rev Bubba said:
One day it might be Blue Grass, the next an old Dead tune or maybe the Ramones. These days its Surf Music. Not always the old classics from the 60's but the current crop of surf bands like the Boss Martians or Jon and the Nighthawks. There is just something about the driving guitars that gets me in the mood. Of course, it could be that it is summer and I'll be surfing this weekend or maybe the fact that I played in a surf band myself "back in the day."

Next week? Don't know what music will move me next week. Still too early to tell.

Tomorrow: Pixies

·
Cyclist
493 Posts
They cover Nelly's "It's gettin hot in here"... so I'm gonna take my clothe off...

Get's me going every time..

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
like them but haven't seen them yet

Hope to catch a concert some day. I'm not quick enough. How does one get on the concert email list? I am on the livecheese list for tunes, but not tix. Prob born on the wrong planet is my fav.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts