Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have emailed them twice and called every work day for a week and a half. No one answers the phone and no email response. Not really complaining, as I'm not in a huge rush to have my DHX 5.0 tuned up. But since it's a little warm in Phoenix I thought it would be a good time to send it in. Maybe they are at an event or something and will respond later. I'll keep trying as I sure they are busy with some project.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a big guy 250 lbs with a 05 RFX with a Fox DHX Coil 5.0 700 lbs spring. I just would like a suggestion on which modification would be best for me. Mostly do general trail riding and would like a more progressive feel through out the travel. I'm not a racer or big hit rider at this point in time. But I do make the suspension work with my weight and I enjoy clipping across things.

Also if I do send it in to have some work done what is the turn around time at this point. What is the procedure Push likes when receiving a shock. Simple letter sent along with the shock?

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Whos running a Cane Creek DB with Ti spring and how does this compare to the Push'd DHX..

I intend to add an RFX to the Turner posse in my garage and this shock is my no1 choice (DBti)

Everyone here goes for Push! not a bad thing but is it a better option than the DB which Ive heard nothing but good things about..

I know not everyone here has a chance to compare the too but thouyghts would still be interesting to compares.

Cheers..

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's kind of the point of trying to contact them. Not sure which option best fits my needs. The Factory Race System DHX, Factory Tuning System, or Factory Rebuild.

Like I said I'll keep trying to contact someone over at Push. I know what its like to be busy, having a seasonal business my self. The mono block I got from Push for my previous ride (Intense 5.5) was excellent in quality. So I'm sure I'll be very happy with the work on the shock once I figure out what is needed.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well unless their published number on the web site is incorrect or the answering machine saying welcome to Push Industries is incorrect. I think I have been calling the right place. Also used the email form when emailing and did check the "Information" and "Tech Support" boxes before submitting.

http://www.pushindustries.com/contact.php

I'm not getting on their case here at all! I will get the information I need and will send in my shock in the future.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
trailadvent said:
Whos running a Cane Creek DB with Ti spring and how does this compare to the Push'd DHX..

I intend to add an RFX to the Turner posse in my garage and this shock is my no1 choice (DBti)

Everyone here goes for Push! not a bad thing but is it a better option than the DB which Ive heard nothing but good things about..

I know not everyone here has a chance to compare the too but thouyghts would still be interesting to compares.

Cheers..
Aappbling is getting another RFX and a CCDB soon. There are a few others out there with the CCDB but I doubt anyone has time on a PUSH DHX and the CCDB yet. Don't forget about the AVY shock.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Gonzo's wanker provocatation

SSINGA said:
Aappbling is getting another RFX and a CCDB soon. There are a few others out there with the CCDB but I doubt anyone has time on a PUSH DHX and the CCDB yet. Don't forget about the AVY shock.
The solution is simple... if you've already got a garage full of Turners, it only makes sense to buy all three shocks... they won't go to waste, and you'll get a massive dose of lemming poseurtude. :D

·
YRTRNRSHVY
558 Posts
I have never ever gotten an email response from PUSH. Most of the times I have called I have gotten someone. When I have gotten the machine, I have never had a returned call. Basically if you do not get someone when you call, I don't think you will hear from them.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Contacted Darren this morning he was very helpful and answered my questions. Placed my order and think a week turn around time including shipping days is very nice.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
It was suggested for my style of riding the "Factory Race System DHX Coil" was the best choice. I mostly ride intermediate trails with few drops now and then. Nothing over 5 foot at this point or the "Factory Tuning System" would have been suggested if I remember correctly. Which ever modification retains the OEM boost valve.

After speaking with Darren I filled out the order form and had all the paper work emailed to me within minutes for shipping. Pulled the shock and its waiting for UPS to pick it up from my office. Darren stated a 2 day turn around so with 2 day ship time each direction Phx to Co I should have it back next week. As I mentioned before I knew once I got a hold of someone at Push I would get the information I needed to make my choice. Called twice today and got Darren both times without a problem.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
TRB, the factory race system is the one that ELIMINATES the boost valve. The factory tuning system is the one that retains it:
PUSH Factory Tuning system for your DHX Coil is designed to get the maximum performance out of your shock while working in harmony with the FOX Boost Valve System. With our Factory Tuning System you maintain all of your current FOX Propedal adjustments, as well as all Boost Valve features, but with an increase in small bump sensitivity and big hit control from our Exclusive VxRII Piston kit custom tuned to your application. Add to that our Exclusive Power-Trac valve feature which increases traction under heavy pedaling loads and braking bumps and you have one of the most versatile rear shocks available.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Cheers Ss Avy sounds good not sure about it being way out here in NZ though guess its no different from everything else or the DB, yeah guessed it might be early but thought I'd throw it out there for some opinion if even not based on true testing.

Was wondering if CC got it so right it would be better than a Modified Fox who seem to need Push to really get there stuff really rocking so to speak no Dis on Fox I've always loved there shocks..

It would be great to see the Homies get together with some different shock and fork, component setups and do some product testing in Moab or NS
DT, CC, Fox, Marz how about it get the homies on a road trip testing new products for some UGI feedback to the MTBr boys and Girls..:thumbsup:

Make a vid about it, call it dude where's my UGI!

Ps I like to volunteer myself for this as one of the many for this hazardous task:D

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One week turn around and it looks SWEET!!!!!! Can't wait to get it on the trail even if it is 110 plus outside.

Quick question what is the torque specifications for the shock bolts. I was thinking I read 17 foot pounds.

Back in 6" mode, originally purchased with 5" rockers.

Factory Race System DHX Coil

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
trb2929 said:
One week turn around and it looks SWEET!!!!!! Can't wait to get it on the trail even if it is 110 plus outside.

Quick question what is the torque specifications for the shock bolts. I was thinking I read 17 foot pounds.

Back in 6" mode, originally purchased with 5" rockers.

Factory Race System DHX Coil

The shock mounting bolts are 50 inch/pounds.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.