Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Awesome! Here in '**** county we have Cedar Creek, which when it's going off, is about half the height, but really LOOKS similar. The smell for the mist in the air is really good for you. Lotsa negative ions.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Glacier Point View to the East

Glacier Point views, 8-Jun-2019. It never gets old. Never ever never.

Anticipating hellacious Valley traffic, the alarm was set for 3 am and The Franks and I left the east bay shortly thereafter. We were amped for our spur of the moment day trip to Yosemite to experience the awesomeness of the spring runoff. We set foot on the path to Bridalveil Falls around 6ish and were in awe of the power and terrifying beauty of Mama Gaia on a heavy flow day. Next up was another easy stroll to the base of Yosemite Falls. The misty wind blast generated as a gazillion dead snowflakes ended their free fall in a jumble of boulders cast a proud rainbow in the early morning sunshine. Sweet. After a quickie breakfast at the CAMP CURRY canteen, we joined the queue of tourons trudging up the steep path, via the Mist Trail to the top of Vernal Falls. We all got a little damp. The roar of the river and the amount of water flowing and churning and crashing down the steep, boulder strewn stream bed was truly awesome. For a soulless heathen like me, being in this special place at this special time is the closest I come to a spiritual awakening. I could sense the ghost of John Muir aligning my nonexistent shakras. um, Om, or something. Then it was off to the base of El Capitan for more hippy dippy communing with nature. srsly tho, to be able to actually touch a part of that granite monolith is an absolutely special moment. And to search those expansive walls for the minuscule dots that are rock climbers and be reminded of Alex Honnold's legendary achievements on that same 'rock' restores my faith in humanity. Yup. And finally, we headed up to Glacier Point for a different and stunning perspective of all the places we had been to earlier that day. All in all, I'm betting that this very long and very tiring day will hold a place of honor in the highlight reel of my life. We ❤ Yosemite!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.