Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed to Munich with my wife for a work trip of hers. We are gonna hit up Prague before and Italy after. But I will have 4 days in Munich to entertain myself while she is at work.

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on ski resorts that are good and also close. Or any other "action" sports type of activities that are available for a day trip. Gonna take a car up to the Nuremburg Ring, and I am def. gonna go skiing, but looking for recommendations on close resorts or must do's.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I'm heading there in a few weeks

mtnryder56 said:
I am headed to Munich with my wife for a work trip of hers. We are gonna hit up Prague before and Italy after. But I will have 4 days in Munich to entertain myself while she is at work.

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on ski resorts that are good and also close. Or any other "action" sports type of activities that are available for a day trip. Gonna take a car up to the Nuremburg Ring, and I am def. gonna go skiing, but looking for recommendations on close resorts or must do's.

Thanks
You can hit Garmish-Partenkirchen easily from Munich via train.

Within an hour or so by train, you can go to Kitzbuhel (classic tyrolian resort), Mayerhofen , lots of other spots you can hit within an hour+ by train from Munich. http://www.worldsnowboardguide.com/resorts/austria/

This is my first time in the area in the winter, so don't have first hand experience yet.

Then you're in Munich, and they make this thing called beer, you might want to check it out :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha ha, nice, yes I def plan on becoming very familiar with the beer. I have been introducing myself to it over at the German Store in Redwood City.

Cool, thanks for the heads up on Garmish, I will check it out

·
Registered
670 Posts
My 2 favorite bars in Munich are in Schwabing. Check out Barschwein and also Schwabinger 7. I heard that the latter is where Hitler planned the Beer Hall Putsch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts