Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started watching this show, '24', this season. So far I have gotten all non-24 addicts completely addicted to the show, mainly my girlfriend, sister, mother and even my grand-mother. It is to the point where we all use our netflix, blockbuster pass to rent all the previous seasons. Anyone else as addicted to this non-stop, finger breaking, electic shock torturing fun on FOX? Can just imagine Jack Bauer fixing a flat...

GIMME THE TUBE! :mad:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
great show

You want another good show. A real nail biter is The Sheild om Fox's FX.

QUOTE=baycat]I just started watching this show, '24', this season. So far I have gotten all non-24 addicts completely addicted to the show, mainly my girlfriend, sister, mother and even my grand-mother. It is to the point where we all use our netflix, blockbuster pass to rent all the previous seasons. Anyone else as addicted to this non-stop, finger breaking, electic shock torturing fun on FOX? Can just imagine Jack Bauer fixing a flat...

GIMME THE TUBE! :mad:[/QUOTE]

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Having never watched a single episode, I bought the entire season 1 on DVD off Ebay a couple weeks ago. Watched it straight through, in order, commercial free. Holy focking 2am on workdays batman!! I need season 2!! If anyone needs brand new (well, watched 1x) boxset of season 1, let me know....is this spam? moderator!!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I'm sorry but 24 rocks! I missed season 3 so I'm going to have to Netflix that one. I've seen 1 and 2 and this season is crazy. Jack gets some hot babes, doesn't he :) I'm glad his daughter hasn't been in 4. She's hot but I hate her character on the show.

I've been interested in "The Shield" too bad it's not in HD...

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
Awesome show...just don't watch the seasons too fast, you'll be depressed at the end of season 3 while season 4 is still on TV.

We're off that for now watching the Sopranos. Not quite the same style, but equally good.

Aftermarket DVD is the only way to watch network programming!

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
chad1433 said:
We're off that for now watching the Sopranos. Not quite the same style, but equally good.
Better than equally good...but nearly too different to judge. I did the DVD thing on that as well, bought seasons 1-4 off ebay in 1 auction, watched them straight through...then the wife wanted to know what I was watching, so we watched them again, straight through....very good...

chad1433 said:
Aftermarket DVD is the only way to watch network programming!
totally agreed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah 24 is a great show. But there are too damn many super impossible situations that occur... and as long as you overlook some of the things that happen, especially when you consider all this takes place over the span of one day, then you shouldn't have any problems watching it. Some times its hard to get over that, like the fact that everything up to this point in the show being some setup or diversion to what is really supposed to take place. The train crash being a front for the kidnapping / execution of the Secretary of defense, being a diversion for the nuclear meltdowns, being a diversion for the stealth bomber, being a diversion for the shooting down of Air Force One, being a diversion for the nuclear codes, being a diversion for the stealing of a nuclear warhead (and mind you that nuclear warhead fits neatly in the bed of a pickup with room left over for the 4 guys who stole it, never mind that those 4 guys can pick it up by themselves). Again,personally it is getting really hard to get over the fact that they are taking way too many liberties with the storyline and things that have to happen. But I still like the show and will watch it till its conclusion.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Speaking of Kiefer Sutherland.....

anyone hear the song parody on Howard Stern regarding him yesterday? COMEDY.

QUOTE=baycat]I just started watching this show, '24', this season. So far I have gotten all non-24 addicts completely addicted to the show, mainly my girlfriend, sister, mother and even my grand-mother. It is to the point where we all use our netflix, blockbuster pass to rent all the previous seasons. Anyone else as addicted to this non-stop, finger breaking, electic shock torturing fun on FOX? Can just imagine Jack Bauer fixing a flat...

GIMME THE TUBE! :mad:[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
244 Posts
So, did last night's show suck- or what?

That was one of the worst episodes I've ever seen!! Talk about having to 'make stuff up' to keep the show going.
- They had Marwan and he got away when a bunch of his people blew up a CTU vehicle and started shooting them up.... Ok, what CTU idiot left the keys in his Gov't. veh? How did Marwan's people show up without the supposed "Perimeter Agents" knowing? How did Marwan get away so easily- those crappy satelites again. That was the lamest part of last night.
- The chick who is working with Marwan escaped out the front door of the apartment, yet no-one saw her and it only took jack seconds to get to the door. Talk about a lame attempt at 'covering all exits'!!!! That was a James Bond escape if I ever saw one!! One inept guard!!!

I hope the last two hours are a bit more developed!!! That was a lame episode!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
HPilot said:
That was one of the worst episodes I've ever seen!! Talk about having to 'make stuff up' to keep the show going.
- They had Marwan and he got away when a bunch of his people blew up a CTU vehicle and started shooting them up.... Ok, what CTU idiot left the keys in his Gov't. veh? How did Marwan's people show up without the supposed "Perimeter Agents" knowing? How did Marwan get away so easily- those crappy satelites again. That was the lamest part of last night.
- The chick who is working with Marwan escaped out the front door of the apartment, yet no-one saw her and it only took jack seconds to get to the door. Talk about a lame attempt at 'covering all exits'!!!! That was a James Bond escape if I ever saw one!! One inept guard!!!

I hope the last two hours are a bit more developed!!! That was a lame episode!!!
I hear ya...

Also, didn't you find it funny that the President gathered about a dozen high ranking officials from their homes in the middle of the night and brought them all to this underground facility in no less than 10 minutes?

Funniest quote from ALL seasons of 24:
"This morning Jack and Audrey were planning their future. Now, hes killed her husband and may have to torture her brother."

And can anyone help me with these 2 plot holes:
- Did the Chinese government just give up?? There was no mention of them last night.
- Where is Behrooooz???

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Update: I'm almost done with Season 2.

Very good, but I'm beginning to see what some of you mean with respect to the "un-realistic/over the top" type stuff.

For instance, to remove the President from Office becuase he chooses to delay invading 3 countries by a couple hours to insure the evidence for such action is sound....that's total BS...

Also, is it just me, or is his daughter, Kim, the stupidest most annoying person/character known to man? I hate all scenes with her in them....although she's looking better in season 2 than season 1...

ncj01 said:
Better than equally good...but nearly too different to judge. I did the DVD thing on that as well, bought seasons 1-4 off ebay in 1 auction, watched them straight through...then the wife wanted to know what I was watching, so we watched them again, straight through....very good...

totally agreed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ncj01 said:
Update: I'm almost done with Season 2.

Very good, but I'm beginning to see what some of you mean with respect to the "un-realistic/over the top" type stuff.

For instance, to remove the President from Office becuase he chooses to delay invading 3 countries by a couple hours to insure the evidence for such action is sound....that's total BS...

Also, is it just me, or is his daughter, Kim, the stupidest most annoying person/character known to man? I hate all scenes with her in them....although she's looking better in season 2 than season 1...
Just wait til Season 3 ;) Actually she wasn't that bad in 3 now that I think of it. Well, "wasn't that bad" meaning she's not getting caught in bear traps and being rescued by a sketchy Matt Dillon.

Luckily she's no where to be found in this season....i guess they ran out of all worst case scenerios to put her in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.