Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that my Ortlieb Office Bag is rubbing badly on my Axiom Journey rack, cutting into the aluminum in one spot. Tried to move it but that made it too close to my heels. I am going to have to futz with it some more to figure out how to get the rack to carry the load without the QL2 system rubbing on the rack too much.

Anyone run into this issue with an Axiom Journey/Ortlieb Office bag and figure out how to cure it?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean the round things that go into the hooks? No, this bag came used and did not have them. I have some for another bag I can try. It seems as though the rail that holds the clips is rubbing on the outer "down tube"of the rack.

·
Positively negative
2,287 Posts
My guess is that the bag is moving around more then it should. Try to source the proper shims, should be easy to find online, and set all the hooks up to minimize movement. I try to get them close to supports so the bag can't slide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same problem with the Back-Roller pack on the Salsa Wanderlust rack on my Vaya. I have the best fitting shims on the clips, but there is still movement up and down over the bumpy streets in town. The mid-hook has rubbed part of the rack's down tube away. I applied a couple strips of duct tape on top of the rack where the clips attach - this has helped a bit but am looking for a better solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts