Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Road Bike Review Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The facility in Orlando was deemed too small to add another department so now the "powers that be" decided that the Atlanta office is where they are going to start a new graphics outfit.:madman:
My questions are the same:
What are the mtb and road scenes like?
Are there any places to ride close to the city?
Is it a "nice" city?
Any fishing nearby?
I am a little disappointed they chose Atlanta because I love the ocean and REALLY wanted to catch a tarpon.:( However, I would think that the mtb scene around Atlanta would be very good.
Thanks again for the responses in my first thread and for any future input.

·
Registered
124 Posts
ridenfish39 said:
The facility in Orlando was deemed too small to add another department so now the "powers that be" decided that the Atlanta office is where they are going to start a new graphics outfit.:madman:
My questions are the same:
What are the mtb and road scenes like?
Are there any places to ride close to the city?
Is it a "nice" city?
Any fishing nearby?
I am a little disappointed they chose Atlanta because I love the ocean and REALLY wanted to catch a tarpon.:( However, I would think that the mtb scene around Atlanta would be very good.
Thanks again for the responses in my first thread and for any future input.
I live in the Acworth/ Woodstock area and work in the ATL. Plenty of road and trails on the north side of the city.

No tarpons but with $2.00 you can catch and release several crackheads!

·
Certified Porsche Tech
117 Posts
There should be good MTB riding within driving distance. I lived there for a little while, and wasn't crazy about it, but I guess in hind sight it is probably nicer than South FL where I'm living now. (I'm originally from the north) Damn could really use some Zaxbys right know! And don't forget about Road Atlanta, and not to far away Barber in Alabama

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well if you like to camp then weekend outings should be a blast with short drives up to Western North Carolina. It is mountain biking heaven up there.

If you check out the goneriding.com website, the Georgia State Series races and the Southeastern Regional Champion Series races should give you an idea of some of the premiere riding areas around Atlanta.

·
Registered
659 Posts
i live 15 minutes north of atlanta (still fulton cnty) and can get to the following trails/time:
big creek/10min by bike; blankets creek/30min car; sope creek/15 min by car; yellow river/45 min car; conyers (96 olympic course)/1hr or so by car; dauset/1:20 min by car; bull mtn/ 1hr by car; pinhoti/bear creek/ 1:35 min by car; stanley gap (aska rd) 1:30 min; raccoon mtn in chattanooga/2 hrs; snake greek gap/1:30 min; tanasi/2 hrs; pisgah/~4hrs; dupont/~4hrs; oak mtn (birmingham/pelham, AL) ~3.25 hrs; FATS/~3hrs...and several other places....

if you like to ride you should love it here. and i hear the bass/trout fishing can be great if you know where to go. not salt water sport fishing, but fishing nonetheless...

·
Road Bike Review Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
iridetitus said:
i live 15 minutes north of atlanta (still fulton cnty) and can get to the following trails/time:
big creek/10min by bike; blankets creek/30min car; sope creek/15 min by car; yellow river/45 min car; conyers (96 olympic course)/1hr or so by car; dauset/1:20 min by car; bull mtn/ 1hr by car; pinhoti/bear creek/ 1:35 min by car; stanley gap (aska rd) 1:30 min; raccoon mtn in chattanooga/2 hrs; snake greek gap/1:30 min; tanasi/2 hrs; pisgah/~4hrs; dupont/~4hrs; oak mtn (birmingham/pelham, AL) ~3.25 hrs; FATS/~3hrs...and several other places....

if you like to ride you should love it here. and i hear the bass/trout fishing can be great if you know where to go. not salt water sport fishing, but fishing nonetheless...
SOUNDS GREAT! :D I will be down soon to check it out. I really want to climb Bald Pate Mountain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.