Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this Moots Mountaneer 13 years ago from a local, when I was mechanic at Sore Saddle. I had a cycling friend helping me with a big carpet job last week and he stopped by my house to get paid. He is a born in Steamboat Local who I only met after he returned from college. He takes one look at this bike and says he thinks it was his mom's. He snaps a quick picture, and low and behold it is his mom's bike.

I've know Simon since he finished Co School of Mines, and started working at Moots, as well as being on the same cycling team, and racing together these last 3 years. Turns put he always wondered where his Mom's bike went, and now he knows it's been in my living room this whole time. I granted him first right of refusal if I ever sell it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Don't know why the pic is upside down, sorry it's correct on my computer, just flipped when I posted.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Right on to both of you.

Take lots of pics DC.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have only seen 1 in the flesh outside of this forum. Serious mtb. Love the whimsical logo
If you ever get up to Steamboat Springs, look me up. I have this one, another that's my size, a road bike from the same year, and a tandem.

·
マスターの自&#
93 Posts
BUMP

Suffice to say, I know where mine came from, too...
P1010078.jpg

Measured by Kent Eriksen 01/86, in my hands by 06/86. Its ID...
P1010084.jpg

And in her present configuration, as my everyday cruiser...
P1010077.jpg

Yes, I know she's got stem shifters :eekster: but that is by design; they just so happen to be the best friction shifters ever made!

Alan :p

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We were at Kent's shop last night picking up my wife's new 27.5 Eriksen. But I can't get the pic to load, so here my tandem.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts