Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2348 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the successful creation of the customized SolarStorm X3 XM-L2 and the SolarStorm XT40 XM-L2, I thought I would ask GearBest about the Yinding. So after explaining the story of the Yinding quality disintegration, I asked Dora if she could find the original Yinding. To my surprise, thinking it was gone, she found it. According to her she contacted the Yinding factory and they said the quality hadn't changed. If she is correct then the other sellers are not selling the real light.

When the sample came, Dora and I confirmed all the specs I gave her: dimpled lens, correct mount, correct click together connectors, XML U2 emitters and build quality. She is sending me the light so I can check its quality and has sent pictures of the sample to confirm its correctness. So far it looks great, I have a second gen Yinding and can't wait to finally get an original.
Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Light Cable

Electronic device Technology Cable Wire Circle

Cable Electronic device Technology Wire Black

Electronic device Technology Light Cable Input device

Electronic device Technology Cable Light Circle

Electronic device Cable Technology Office equipment Computer accessory

Product Technology Bag Film camera Electronics

Publication Book

I had previously discussed that people sometimes prefer to buy the light alone, so she decided to sell it in two options: Lighthead only and Complete Kit. I will post the links and hopefully we can get a coupon code to make a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Nice work!

I might have to jump on this, even though I just ordered a gearbest solarstorm x3. I always wanted the light head only option, but I think the odds of getting a fake are increased.

I think one of the things that changed for the worse was that the newer/fake models had worse water resistance. That would be one thing to check once you get the light.

Also tell her they need to fix the tracking number issue. This was discussed in a another thread, but i got a bum Netherlands post number that is untrackable. Hopefully my X3 shows up.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definite list everything you want tested and anything I miss. Can you send me a link to the water problem? I see the gasket around the lenses and one the first things I confirmed, was the Magicshine type connectors since my second gen came with the cheap non waterproof connector. FastTech cheated me on my Yinding and I want to confirm these first.

Did you try to track your package using 17track.net? That was the best option for my last two PostNL packages. Keep in mind it takes a few days to a week before PostNL updates the number, so they don't show the number existing nor do they show any info until it's at their sort facility in the Netherlands. I know that was a pain for me. Did you contact them about it?

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Nice work!

I might have to jump on this, even though I just ordered a gearbest solarstorm x3. I always wanted the light head only option, but I think the odds of getting a fake are increased.

I think one of the things that changed for the worse was that the newer/fake models had worse water resistance. That would be one thing to check once you get the light.

Also tell her they need to fix the tracking number issue. This was discussed in a another thread, but i got a bum Netherlands post number that is untrackable. Hopefully my X3 shows up.
Just found this out a couple hours ago; Lightmalls is selling the X3 with Cree XP-L's. Not sure if this is going to be better than XM-L2's. Output for both emitters are very close in comparison. Still, with XP-L there might be a different beam pattern. Whether this will increase the usefulness of the beam pattern is anyone's guess.

I just ordered a torch with an XP-L emitter so if I like what I see I might be tempted to buy a lamp with the newer emitter.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found this out a couple hours ago; Lightmalls is selling the X3 with Cree XP-L's. Not sure if this is going to be better than XM-L2's. Output for both emitters are very close in comparison. Still, with XP-L there might be a different beam pattern. Whether this will increase the usefulness of the beam pattern is anyone's guess.

I just ordered a torch with an XP-L emitter so if I like what I see I might be tempted to buy a lamp with the newer emitter.
I notice the pictures on the listing show the X3 with Phillips head screws on the front and no branding, so definitely a clone. The first photo also shows the emmiters aren't even close to centered. With poor build quality, I wonder what driver they used.
Technology Line Light Black Cable

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The other sellers are charging $45-52 for the Yinding. I payed/was robbed $48 for my supposed to be original Yinding from FastTech with all its cheap parts.

GearBest is listing the set for $37, so the light head should be less. I'm also waiting to see if there's a coupon code.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Definite list everything you want tested and anything I miss. Can you send me a link to the water problem? I see the gasket around the lenses and one the first things I confirmed, was the Magicshine type connectors since my second gen came with the cheap non waterproof connector. FastTech cheated me on my Yinding and I want to confirm these first.

Did you try to track your package using 17track.net? That was the best option for my last two PostNL packages. Keep in mind it takes a few days to a week before PostNL updates the number, so they don't show the number existing nor do they show any info until it's at their sort facility in the Netherlands. I know that was a pain for me. Did you contact them about it?
I think the gasket was missing on the bad version. It's been long time since I've been on that thread, so I'm working from working from my rather poor memory. Since you have bum version, then just do a quick comparison of the two. The big thing is this "version" is as bright as the original, because that was a pretty impressive light.

Yes I have been using 17track.net website for tracking. I wasn't aware that I took a few days for the Netherlands post numbers to show up. Maybe that's the problem, even though it's been a few days. I'll just give it a few more days. My last few packages have been from lightmall with the more expensive shipping ($4 versus $2), and the tracking on those has been excellent. Those were all coming out of Hong Kong.

Interesting. It's probably some kind of clone manufacturer. I know you have had good luck with those, but I just got burned a few months ago with an under-driven Solarstorm X3.

So is that emitter the next big thing?
Blue Text Colorfulness Slope White
Blue Colorfulness Text White Pattern

·
Registered
34 Posts
AW: Original/Real Yinding YD 2xU2 found

Yinding 900 Lumens CREE XM-L2 2 LEDs 4-Modes Headlight Cycling Lamp (4 x 18650 Battery Pack)-36.32 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com is correct with the wrong emitters listed. Dora is aware of the mistake and will change it. I didn't list the link yet because it is newly listed, has errors and the Lighthead option isn't posted yet. I also asked about a coupon code and was waiting to hear back.
Does this version have a seal between front bezel and the lenses? Can not see this on the pictures.

·
I like turtles
6,374 Posts
I love my "original" Yinding...great light! Any chance you can get the color spec on the LEDs on these from gearbest?

Edit. Looks to be correct to me; that gasket for the lenses is clear and hard to see...need to pop them out and check. Also, this is listed as having XML U2 LEDs; the one I have has the XM-L2 3B LEDs.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
According to Dora this straight from the Yinding factory so the original specs, which would be a three step switch, I believe.

TiGeo, I know there was a seller who upgraded the emitters to XM-L2. I can ask to upgrade though we may have to group buy. My second gen Yinding with XML is crazy bright out of the box.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Bah Humbug. I'm really liking the programmable one, once I figured how to use it.
If they could do a neutral white XML-2 with 10-step programming and the original waterproofing they'd really have something here.

I suppose that's what the Gemini Duo is.

·
I like turtles
6,374 Posts
^^^precisely. Remember...the Duo lighthead is only $115 from Jim at Action-led-lights.com. It's a great unit and my Yinding is only used as a backup now and on my road bike.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I love my "original" Yinding...great light! Any chance you can get the color spec on the LEDs on these from gearbest?

Edit. Looks to be correct to me; that gasket for the lenses is clear and hard to see...need to pop them out and check. Also, this is listed as having XML U2 LEDs; the one I have has the XM-L2 3B LEDs.
Do you prefer it over Solarstorm X2's?

·
I like turtles
6,374 Posts
I prefer it (assume you mean the Yiniding) over my SSX2 for bar use as it has more of a broad pattern where the SSX2 has a more spot pattern. A buddy I ride with who uses the SSX2 on the bar and helmet was recently saying it was a bit spotty for the bar application.

·
Just Ride !
842 Posts
The SSX2 on the bar is WAY to spotty for my liking , not a bad helmet light though .
The Duo on the other hand makes for a great bar light even though poeple talk about it as a helmet light .

1 - 20 of 2348 Posts