Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to upgrade my forks, at the moment i have 32 140mm floats, i can get a pair of 36 talas 160/140/110 from the same year for less than i reckon i can sell my 32s. How does the original mojo run on 160mm? I am quite keen to get a 20mm front end to make it a bit stiffer, is the difference between the forks worth it (in summer i mainly do gondola riding in the alps)

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
a mojo with a 160 travel adjust fork is awesome!

an 07 fox fork though, isn't that great. Blows through travel, not a great damper, etc.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
how cheap? I see the 150 36's go pretty cheap because they're old.

A newer one is pricey. A used lyrik / 09+ revelation dual air 140/150 might be a solid bet too. They've really come down in price..

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Mojo was originally built with a 140 mm 32 Talas; after about a year, I switched to a 36 Talas. Strongly recommend the 36 Talas: the extra travel and slightly slacker geometry running at 160 mm really increases the fun factor on the descents; the extra stiffness moving from a 9 mm QR to a 20mm axle is also a real plus. A 2008 36 talas is also a much better fork than the 2007 version.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The main reason i was changing was for the benefit of the 20mm axle to stiffen up the front end, also they have the benefit of looking a lot cooler than the 32s!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also looking at a fork change over from FOX 32 140mm forks to a set 2010 RS Lyric U-Turns. For me its all about the extra travel and front end stiffness, I am 200 pounds in gear and when I get up some decent pace on the down hills, the 32's, while doing an admirable job, just are not up to the beating this lazy old downhiller throws at them. The travel adjust on the u-turns appeals on the ascents as well. Does anyone have any experience on the the 2010 Lyric U-Turns?

·
Registered
162 Posts
To the op, I have a 08 Talas 36 R on my XL Mojo. While the adjustibility is nice in many ways I find I rarely stray from the 140 setting. Yes it will climb a clean steep switcback type climb better (watch the ped strike if the climb is cluttered with rocks and such). And yes it desends a bit better at 160 on the big stuff. But I'll tell you. IMO the Mojo likes 140mm. It carves, climbs, and desends! I can't imagine having anything less than a 36mm fork. I have a Talas RC 2 on my Titus El Guapo, a bit heavier but a much better fork, lots more adjustibility. I find with the Talas R I can have plush, or resistance. But it is hard to find both, and that space certainly is not where Fox suggests it would be. Just my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts