Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of this before? I am looking at picking up a cheap single speed. Saw one listed as having an aluminum frame, thought they were steel. Don't know much about the company/quality. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
599 Posts
Now they have a ti frame in the works. The steel frame rides well and is well built for a Taiwanese frame. The rear end is pretty stiff, but the chromoly they use seems to be decent or a well speced tubeset as it ride pretty smooth. I rode mine as a singlespeed and my only complaint was rear tire clearance. It will only fit about a 2.3" tire in the furthest most position. If you want it in the middle of the drops only a 2.2". And all the way forward? Well I never ran a tire small enough to even think of doing that.

I liked the rear wheel positioned about all the way back in the drops anyways and like a fast rolling rear tire. And they look good in white and silver.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Enduramil said:
Can't seem to get the geometry to show up on the Origin 8 website.
I can't get their website to do much either. Tried it in three browsers; I can view the frames but clicking on the geometry button does nothing. I've tried it in the past on other computers and got nothing too. Oh well, I already have a frame I love :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
steel

Enduramil said:
Steel is the only way to go.
Even if the steele has the small 68mm bb vs the redesigned 73 on the late model steel and new aluminum.

Anyone ridden a steele and a aluminum Origin8 Scout.

I need to pull the trigger soon and need some insight.

I am currently 6' - 240lbs. Typical in shape condition is about 200 even. I kinda large at the moment.

alf

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.