Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Kick Start My Heart
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some organized rides like the Roadies have, with support and schwag and stuff, but for Mountain. Maybe I'm looking for love in all the wrong places, but I'm not coming up with much.
Backstory: I'm turning this life around a bit, and getting back to my bike, and away from the rest of the clutter in my life. Since July I went from 249 to 227, and holding, (damn holidays), and I'm looking for some goal. In younger days I did a Century (roadie then), and I'd like a similiar goal, but now I have a different equipment life. I can ride 40 miles on MTB on road pretty easy, I'm just not sure that Century on MTB makes sense. I'd rather do somethng awesome in the hills.

If you could point me in the right directions, I would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks MTBR!

davez26

·
hehe ...you said "member"
1,121 Posts
Congrats on the "turn around" :thumbsup:
Right now, the only organized ride I know of is PBR me's T.I.T.S rides ;)

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=481265

no shwag, but good beer and kareoke!

There are a number of organized mtb rides in the summer - keep an eye on this site into the spring or check with the crew at your LBS - I always see flyers posted in the front window at Green Mountain Sports and in that front lobby/lounge area at Wheat Ridge Cyclery.

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
2,031 Posts
More congrats for the turn around! Nice work...

There are a few teams around (Team Evergreen, etc) that do organized rides - road and mtb. Like jake7 said, check with your LBS and here for rides posted frequently - and definitely TITS rides. I'd also recommend joining IMBA and COMBA to help keep the trails we have and to help build new ones. Trail days and advocacy groups are a great way to meet riding partners and stay involved!

If all else fails, start your own rides right here! I'll be happy to join you some time for a singletrack fiesta!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The NSCD is going to take over the Red Cross FTC (Fat Tire Classic)
The FTC was a pledge ride I'm sure the NSCD will continue that
Here is the link, no new info yet http://www.nscd.org/events/fattire.htm

I don't know what the NSCD will have planned this year, but the FTC basic route was 25 mile, with the optional routes it added up to 35-40 miles, manned rest stop about every 5 miles and beer with the evening meal

·
Kick Start My Heart
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool,
Thanks for the info. Crest Crank is up the alley I'm looking for, and the Fat Tire Classic sounds like it has some promise. I will keep looking for something early in the season to push me to keep it up and fly right through winter and be ready in the Spring. I may just have to dream up my own goal ride.

Like you all said I'll just have to keep checking my 2 best resources, my LBS and here.
Thanks all, I appreciate the help.

davez26

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.