Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

90% of my gear is in my back pack. the rest is in a larger then normal milk create in the back seat of my truck but somehow it seems disorganized!
how do you guys have your riding equipment organized?

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
In a duffel bag...

adamant118 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

90% of my gear is in my back pack. the rest is in a larger then normal milk create in the back seat of my truck but somehow it seems disorganized!
how do you guys have your riding equipment organized?
In the summer my bike bag has:

1. Pack (w tools, pump, tubes, food, water)
2. Helmet
3. Shoes
4. Gloves
5. Sun Glasses in their case
6. Anything else is extra and won't really keep me from riding if I don't have it.

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
+1

That's exactly what I have....
When we have "events' Like a big fun ride or a race day I'll pack my toolbox (small with all the essentials) and a cooler for some refreshments!

·
Big Mac
4,989 Posts
I use a plastic bin with a lid. They are stackable(great for trips), weather protected(nice for camping), and they are durable and cheap. Available in a variety of sizes to suit just about any need.

·
Official ***** Idiot
333 Posts
I don't own a car. Seriously. I have small, medium, and large packs. Small for local, two-hour rides where I just need a multi-tool, some sort of food, a box of patches, just the basics. Medium for longer, half-day rides or the occasional long-distance epic where I have a water stop along the way, and large for the trip from Albany to here, two-day ride if we go relatively easy, and a rear rack for strapping a tent and such to if it's just a couple of us and the load can't be split between six people.

The rare times I travel out of the state for a riding trip, everything goes where it will fit in the car I'm riding in.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Most of my riding gear is packed in my camelbak. Right now my trunk contains my tool box, floor pump. shoes, helmet, and the pack goes in a mesh trunk organizer that came with the car.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
When I head to the trails the back of my car goes like this (it's a small wagon):

duffel bag on right side (jersey(s), gps, camera, helmet, gloves, socks)
camelbak in a cargo net at the rear
shoes in the left corner
front wheel in the middle

Makes it easy to verify I have everything before I leave the house, and to unpack the car all at once when I get home.

·
Ride Good or Eat Wood
606 Posts
Plastic bin for all my bike stuff. Three litre hydration pack for stuff I carry and just chuck stuff from bin into back of car depending on type of ride (ie. armour, full face helmet or xc helmet etc). Take bin when doing multi day trips away from home.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used to take a big toolbox (about 3'x2x2) with two helmets, road/mtb shoes, gloves, socks, leg warmers, jacket, substantial toolkit, Silca floor pump, 4 extra road/mtb tubes and towel in the back of my truck (trucks rule IMO). For longer cycling trips I threw in some truck tools/hoses. With a locking Snugtop on the truck I thought it was safe on my driveway. WRONG. It was ripped off. :madmax: My favorite pair of Gaerne MTB shoes were in there. :mad:

Now I haul what I need down the stairs every time (house is two story, front door on second floor, on hillside). It's a pain, so I just take the minimum, shoes, leg warmers, extra shirt, 2 tubes, helmet, gloves, kneepads, shockpump, floorpump, Camelback and a few allen keys. The box with my main toolkit only gets put back there when I go on longer trips, and as it is on wheels, I can just roll it out and setup a portable workshop at my campsite. I also take my repair stand on trips.

·
Registered
432 Posts
yurtinus said:
Organization?

I'm sorry... I don't understand the question.
i agree with this. i have a tuff=box i keep everything in but it's a dis-organized mess. the only bright side is that i know it's all in there. also, i'm much better organized in the summer than winter. in the summer i only need a few things for a ride, in the winter you have to have most the summer clothes (minus summer shoes, socks, and shorts) plus cold, colder, coldtest weather gear.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
LaLD said:
i agree with this. i have a tuff=box i keep everything in but it's a dis-organized mess.
On my pristine windows desktop, I have a folder named "dirty desktop." Guess what gets dragged and dropped in there?

Same "organizational" approach with my bike gear. A mess contained!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.