Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta say Bend was a very LONG drive, 3800 miles round trip, ONE big ass speeding ticket in Oregon and a parking ticket in Durango, Co along the way..

Once again Tom Gosslin (OPEN) and Ian Owens (SS) beat on the peddles like they owed them money and put together great races. 12 hours and 10 minutes into the race I turned 110 miles and felt really good, then stopped to put on lights and grab a quick bite to eat (Ramen Noodles), between the warm food and the temp dropping like a rock I grabbed a blanket...WRONG THING TO DO and blew up my race. When I woke up it was in the 40's and the sun was creeping up, changed clothes and did some peddling, ending the race at 132 miles as I crossed the line looking at the clock thinking I didn't have time for another lap...

Its on me that I didn't understand the use of time, I should have pushed another lap out even though it would have ran over 24hrs it would have still counted....I will never make that mistake again for sure...

Tied for 1st in class but got bumped to 2nd on ag time and I think 11th overall had a great time in Oregon , good people, beautiful trails with a ton of traction and great competitors..

·
Registered
450 Posts
I was there racing SS. Lots of fun and it was nice the dust wasn't too bad this year. I think I followed you for a bit at some point in the afternoon...your kit looked familiar from Enchanted Forest but I only realized it a couple minutes later during the Kiwa descent then I didn't see you again during the race.

I had plans of giving Ian a good run for the top spot in SS but I spent the day thinking of how I was doing too much 2 weeks before Butte 100 and that I had too much work to do to lose a full day of my life to riding my bike. I wish I could have put in a better effort but we packed up around 1am and I was at home, showered and :sleep: by 2am.

That sucks about the speeding ticket! There's a reason many of us Oregonians drive really slooooooowwww. And did you notice how a lot of people speed up when there are passing lanes and the slow their ass down to the speed limit when the road goes back to 2 lanes? It's an Oregon thing and it drives me ****ing crazy...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wtf is the deal with this? 2 lanes, drive 50 with 10 cars behind you. See the sign for a passing lane in 1/2 mi, speed up to 65, drive the center line, and slow down to 50 after it goes back to 2 lanes...smfh. I try not to have road rage, but these asshats really piss me off!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOl, YES!! The passing lanes were like mini drag strips were everyone was jockeying for position..

Yeap, was in the same kit (Orange and black Unspoken), but was swapping lower bibs every 4 or so hours..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.