Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally did it. One Full (mostly) lap of the CCP100. 34 some odd miles of climbing, gravel, water, lack of water, climbing, views, climbing, pedalling, coasting, screaming d/h, climbing, LEG CRAMPS (did I type that out loud??), climbing and so on.

We had a great group of riders doing a full loop of the Alpine Trail, somewhere between 11 (beginning) and 9 (end) people braved the long climb up to Aid 3. We were known as the ADVANCED group. The INTERMEDIATE group got to shuttle most of the way up. I'm so proud to be ADVANCED. My legs still feel ADVANCED. They felt so ADVANCED that I snuck out early the next morning and drove home, so I kinda left in ADVANCE. Thus, I am ADVANCED.

Davey and Ted rode SS, I had the reBrewSSki sporting a new paint job and emergency last minute set of Avid Mech disc brakes installed minutes before the ride. Brita was on a hardtail and I think everyone else was on FS bikes. A really great group, very encouraging to me, because I'm so ADVANCED.

Enough of my prattle, a good time really was had by all, Richard and crew put together a massive, wonderful event and I thank them all.

and a large pano here
https://red-haze.com/2004Fest/AlpineTrailPano.JPG

Thanks to all, I had a great time!

bob

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,499 Posts
red-haze.com said:
Finally did it. One Full (mostly) lap of the CCP100. ..bob
Way to go, BOB! You are way beyond "advanced" and everyone knows it. That was a great ride on the Alpine witcha Saturday. Personally, I did not know how well I was setting myself up for cramping as I pounded one margarita after another until midnight Friday. Oil well, we had fun, didn't we.

Didn't we?

I admit I was surprised to hear your truck start & depart the Outpost (AKA "the Outburst" following Saturday night's festivities) at 5am (?!) Sunday morning. Didn't even get a chance to tell ya g'bye. Dang.

Guess who got talked into riding the infamous Bunchgrass Trail on Sunday? Yup, yours truly. I can't complain, though. I caught up on my hydration and sleep and had a blast knocking out 20 miles of fresh, raw & rugged singletrack. S'all good.

Next year you doin' it, too, fur shur Bro. :)

--Davey

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Good riding with you Bob!

I got to ride with ya twice last week.. I am so priviledged :)

You'd have liked Flat creek/Salmon Creek on Friday.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Always a pleasure, Bob

Bob, great riding with you. I thought I was in a DH groove until I saw you on your rigid SS, sporting the 3" Gazzo up front, just railing the lower Alpine! If you were cramped you hid it well! It was hot and I had a memorable blast. I've got some great pictures of you and either need an email address or another way to send you the originals.
Let's work it out on the dod board or something.

You, Ted and Sparty (and the mad men on Sunday - Bert, et al) are an inspiration for SS. I'm starting to wonder if I should.......of course, all thoughts of that were dashed as I walked up the climb on Heckletooth Sunday after Bert came flying through, out of the saddle and stomped the guts out of the hill on his one-speed-bike. ;)
As if that was not enough, I have video of Boyd getting through switchbacks that I could barely walk, complete with trackstand mid-turn - nice!
And Brandon, stop that incesant hopping around switchbacks, show off! :p
Richard - great event!!!

When is next years'???

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pictures

you can post them here on the board (after you have reduced them of course) and/or you can send them to me at
tantalum181
at
yahoo.com

I finally read your article in the Dead Mountain paper sunday morning while having breakfast at Sherri's in Springfield. I chuckled quite a few times, it was a good article about doing a lap of Alpine.

So, when ya heading north for a bike ride?

bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice to see...

Bob,

nice to see the seat post being put to good use! Wish we had trails and scenery like that here in Dallas.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts