Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a incredible story of a Mountain biker finding a near death 73 year old man stranded in the Oregon high desert.

It sounds like a Spot like satellite device saved this guy and his dogs.

73-year-old, his dogs rescued after 4 days in remote Oregon (from @AP) https://apnews.com/fd91a617ef1c45ebbc3a106d8dc315a1

Soil Tent Camping Tarpaulin Adventure

"After hiking for four days, the 73-year-old was 14 miles from his Jeep, dehydrated and sunburned."

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive exterior

"The Oregon State Police assisted our #AgencyPartners from Lake County Sheriff's Office in locating a missing Jeep with a dog reported inside.

On July 18, 2019, Lake County Sheriff Deputies and Warner Valley Ambulance responded to a nearly unconscious elderly man found with a dog in a very remote part of Lake County. After attempting to walk out after being stranded on July 14, 2019, the subject collapsed with one of his dogs faithfully by his side. A bicyclist, who luckily happened to be in the area, came across the man and called for help. The gentleman was taken to an area hospital for treatment.

On July 20, 2019, Deputies from Lake County SO contact OSP to help with the search of the Jeep and second dog. OSP utilized the southwest region Airplane and quickly located the vehicle in a narrow, road less canyon. Troopers responded on ATVs and located the Jeep and missing dog that was in need of medical attention, but was alive. The dog was taken to a local animal hospital for immediate care.

We are happy to report that the man and his two dogs were reunited and are back home resting after their harrowing ordeal."

·
Registered
598 Posts
Not me, but I enjoyed reading that thread. I've only ever done the moto parts of Hollister.

After having one for 20 years I haven't had a dirt bike in the last couple. Most of my friends gave it up. The critical mass just isn't there anymore. :( Mountain biking is probably responsible, and has certainly been taking up the slack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.