Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My starting Full Face is wearing out on me so I Just ordered the SixSixOne Strike to go with the rest of the attire I ordered tonight... Anyone heard much about this helmet?

661 Strike Helmet

My camelbak and gloves were wearing down too so I'm getting all of this too. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'd pass on the 661 gloves. I've gone through a couple of pairs of those really quick. They're nice and cheap, feel good on your hands, but wear out fast. The other stuff looks rad.

·
1,113 Posts
fixbikeguy said:
I'd pass on the 661 gloves. I've gone through a couple of pairs of those really quick. They're nice and cheap, feel good on your hands, but wear out fast. The other stuff looks rad.
+1 on no 661 gloves. fastest set I ever wore through are 661

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The Strike is a nice budget helmet, but it does tend to heat up quite a bit. Other than that, it's not bad for the price you pay.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Seriously, what's it to you guys if the OP wants to colour coordinate? You guys can't be bothered with how you look and end up looking like crap next to the guys that do and now you're feeling a little low on self esteem, so you come on an anonymous forum and make fun of them?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
juanbeegas said:
Seriously, what's it to you guys if the OP wants to colour coordinate? You guys can't be bothered with how you look and end up looking like crap next to the guys that do and now you're feeling a little low on self esteem, so you come on an anonymous forum and make fun of them?
the OP asked us what we thought...we simply gave our opinion.
what? we're suppose to like everything some one posts?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like it so I guess that is all that matters. lol. No harm on the input guys, thanks. Definitely will end up ordering new gloves after the 661 gloves wear out, hopefully they will last me thru August.

·
Registered
412 Posts
In terms of the helmet I hav the Azonic Fury helmet, which is actually the same helmet as the Strike but different design. It is actually the only helmet that fit me very well and I tried TLD, THE, Fox, other 661, basically as many as I could find. Overall the helmet itself is a little wide compared to others but I love mine. I am glad it has the D rings, its incredibly comfortable for me, and I don't think its too hot. If it fits your noggin then go with it. Overall the designs go together well and you can always mix it up and throw in a black jersey which will match just as well with the rest of your kit. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
The Beast Breathes
724 Posts
ECU_Pirate18 said:
My starting Full Face is wearing out on me so I Just ordered the SixSixOne Strike to go with the rest of the attire I ordered tonight... Anyone heard much about this helmet?

661 Strike Helmet

My camelbak and gloves were wearing down too so I'm getting all of this too. Whatcha think?

Nice! You can't go wrong with Dakine, and 661 is a great brand. Good choice!

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
I have a Strike and it seems to run small. My Large is a little tight. It was also too hot until I cut the liner at all the vent openings, now it's better. Not a bad helmet for the price. Pretty light too.

D

·
0 Posts
Flight

Shoulda got one of these instead:
;)

Yeah, 661 gloves wear faster than most other gloves, but I love'em nonetheless. The level of comfort and looks are top notch! Plus, everyone and their mothers are 'sponsored' by 661 (myself included) so it's not like they're that expensive to replace.

D

·
0 Posts
charlesparps said:
Ditto on the 661- nice looks, poor quality, lasted me 10 days until the first hole, 2 months and they were rags
You death grip those bars or what, dude?:skep: Might be a defect? I really can't see how you managed to put a hole into the glove in less than 2 weeks. I've been running a set of 661 CK1 gloves for almost 2 seasons now and they're finally starting to rip at the palms (because I also run a wrist brace that has a metallic guard that ate through the gloves). My new Raji have done fine this season including 3 races (one of them stupid muddy), a handful of shuttle days and one weekend at Diablo (with a pretty bad wipeout).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts