Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the Flite today and should be here next week.

After doing lots of research it seemed like a suitable choice. I wanted a bike that could handle minor/major jumps and still be able to use it comfortably on fire roads and single track.

It weighs around 35lb which is considered a little heavy. I will be installing lighter parts along the way as I break stuff and find good deals on lighter components.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
olegbabich said:
Let us know how it turns out. We also need pictures.:thumbsup:
For sure...I'll post some pics.

I only wish it didn't have to be assembled by a bike shop to validate the warranty. It's a bit of a hassle and waste of money. Putting the disassembled parts on is a breeze.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I called Price Point and asked about the assembly. They suggested to have it assembled by a tech if I have no experience with bikes. I asked about the warranty and was told that assembling it myself will NOT void the warranty.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Dictatorsaurus said:
Well I called Price Point and asked about the assembly. They suggested to have it assembled by a tech if I have no experience with bikes. I asked about the warranty and was told that assembling it myself will NOT void the warranty.
It would be worthwhile for you to try to figure it all out yourself? Do you have any friends who could help you? Otherwise you could post a thread, or use the parktool website for help.

Installing bars, pedals, saddle, and setting up the stem, etc are pretty basic tasks you should *learn* how to do.

Have fun with the new ride!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vertr said:
It would be worthwhile for you to try to figure it all out yourself? Do you have any friends who could help you? Otherwise you could post a thread, or use the parktool website for help.

Installing bars, pedals, saddle, and setting up the stem, etc are pretty basic tasks you should *learn* how to do.

Have fun with the new ride!
You missed the part on the first post where I said the assembly is a breeze for me. My only concern was the warranty.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Dictatorsaurus said:
Ordered the Flite today and should be here next week.
QUOTE]
The Sette Flite frame is basically the KHS AM 2000 frame. I have a 2006 KHS 2000 that I purchase in 12/2007. It's a descent frame stock. I have updated almost everything except the frame.
Frame KHS AM 2000 stock bars 70mm stem
shock, DHX 5.0 coil
fork: Pike 454 coil u turn
Hubs: XTR 20mm front
Rims: Mavic 321
Brakes: hone pod levers, Hone caliper w/8 inch XTR rotors
Seat: WTB Rocket V. SLT ti w/Thomson Master elite post
Tires: WTB Wolverine 2.3 rear, Maxxis Hi roller 2.5 front
Drive train: XT crank, and deraileurs, the LX rear was temporary.
Weight: 33 lbs
next I will swap the frame for a Jamis XLT or somethig similar

sorry about the pdf format.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Good Buy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Since you dont know anything about adjusting, well anything I would bring it in to be assembled. It could get very frustrating for you when it comes to getting the headset correct, and the derailleurs tuned.

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
Dremer03 said:
Since you dont know anything about adjusting, well anything I would bring it in to be assembled. It could get very frustrating for you when it comes to getting the headset correct, and the derailleurs tuned.
Where in the thread does he say or even infer that he doesn't know anything about assembly adjustments? Where in the thread does he clearly state the exact opposite?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
you will enjoy the bike. I have about 6 months on mine. I run a 130mm fork 25% sag in the rear. Seated it climbs very well if you shut the valve down on the rear shock [doable on the fly]. It feels very balanced through the rough stuff and at speed. I broke the frame on my old bike so I just bought the frame,Cane Creek zero stack headset, rear brake and a new bottom bracket, everything else came off the old bike so I only spent $650 to put it together

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Buzz Cut said:
you will enjoy the bike. I have about 6 months on mine. I run a 130mm fork 25% sag in the rear. Seated it climbs very well if you shut the valve down on the rear shock [doable on the fly]. It feels very balanced through the rough stuff and at speed. I broke the frame on my old bike so I just bought the frame,Cane Creek zero stack headset, rear brake and a new bottom bracket, everything else came off the old bike so I only spent $650 to put it together
Was it a Flite frame which you broke?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.