Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Crank Brothers Egg Beaters 11 for my gravel bike to replace the current XTR's. Love the XTR's but wanted to lighten my bike and the 200 gram difference was something I could not resist :D
Now I need cleats.
Which cleats (4 available) do you recommend? Thanks!

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
They do come with standard cleats but crank brothers now offers multiple different cleats to customize float and release angle. Its a personal preference kind of thing.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
They do come with standard cleats but crank brothers now offers multiple different cleats to customize float and release angle. Its a personal preference kind of thing.
Wow. That's crazy. If I were OP, I'd try the standard ones included with the pedals. Flipping them gives you either 15 or 20 degrees. If that's not preferred, then spend the extra to get something else. This is the first time using CB pedals.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
When using Eggbeaters, I used the standard 6 degree float cleats that came with the pedals. They worked well for me. I use 6 degrees of float on Look road bike pedals too. You could change the release angle between 15 or 20 degrees by swapping the cleats between L/R. The standard cleats are a good place to start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.