Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the Spec website that you can order accessories and components to be delivered and picked up at the LBS for no shipping cost. My question is, does it help the LBS more if I order directly from them or if I order through the Spec website to be delivered to them and picked up? Or does it not make a difference?

I prefer to choose the option that is more profitable for the LBS since I want to support them.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
I would walk in to the LBS and either get it or have them order it. I am not sure what way helps them more, but it feels like walking in and ordering there is best.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
You should order from the LBS, seems like a pickup at the LBS might be something they are required to do as part of their agreement and may not get anything for it.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
As I think about it I believe many specialized shop are required by contact to buy a certain dollar or product mix of non-bike stuff each year. This may mean shops have to buy stuff that is slow moving to stay in good graces with masters "The big S". So if this happens to be something they ordered for that reason and they have it on hand I bet they would love to move that inventory. Even if not and they order it might count against that dealer level goal. So even if it not change to profit margin I bet it helps ordering from shop.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The thing about ordering from the shop is you're supporting a local business and if you ever have any issues, you have a contact to help you out with it. Our dealer is awesome. They order stuff for me all the time and I'm always amazed at how fast they get it. If it's not right, they take it back and return it with no problems.. Another thing is you're building a relationship..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bought my 2020 Fuse Comp from my LBS, they had one in stock and built it right away for me.

They set my tires up tubeless. (I was going to pay extra for this but was told they provide this as part of their regular perk)

They also provide 3 free lifetime tune ups with no date expiration. Also offer 15% of any accessories in the store on first purchase.

That's going the extra mile. They support me so I'll support them.

Big ups for The Bike Smith in Carson City, NV.

·
Registered
12,024 Posts
I prefer to choose the option that is more profitable for the LBS since I want to support them.
Order it yourself and have it shipped to your house for your convenience, then send a check to the shop for whatever amount it takes to purchase 'a relationship'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.