Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going down to Ft. Ord tomorrow for some post rain singlespeeding. I've not ridden it before. Coming from Santa Clara equipped with gpx tracks for 20-30 miler. Anybody want to commute down? I've got no time commitments as I'm funemployed and flexible.

·
singletrack bound
3,107 Posts
native.....alot of banter on other threads about muddy trails....
got three hours of ord in Sunday and it couldn't have been better out there.
49/50 was packed down hard and real fast!
Blair witch was the same!
east Garrison was rippin'
have at it!
Tone. :D

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Yep

Tone No Balone said:
native.....alot of banter on other threads about muddy trails....
got three hours of ord in Sunday and it couldn't have been better out there.
49/50 was packed down hard and real fast!
Yep. 49/50 and several other trails were perfect Saturday :thumbsup:
If you are ever up for a slow ride perhaps one of you westerners could show me the west side of Ord. Haven't been there in many years. I'm slow but I like to ride all day. And I have to be dead to miss my 9 am Saturday ride.

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
playin hooky tomorrow and i might try to sneak one in down there. today we rode our cross bikes up eureka canyon, buzzards, aptos creek, back some way.....i'm pretty beat now. there was still some snow at the top of the ridge.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a great time today. It was my first time on the rigid single speed in a while and it was 4.5 hrs of the good kind of hurt. I was really surprised by the gnarlsomeness of trail 42. I rode up 24 with the intention of going to 61, but I guess my intel was bad/non-existant. Many dead ends and frustrating closures. Ended up backtracking down 24 which was pretty fun. Definitely learned not to go up 60, one of two trails that I needed to walk. Beautiful park!

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
Tone No Balone said:
ahhh....over my way I see.....
cross bike, skinny tires, cantilever brakes, drop bars...you know, low impact.....at least that was the consensus amongst friends on similar bikes.....an old bontrager cross bike, and a black cat were out getting rad too as a matter of fact, fancy. i love my hunter. you need a black cat cross bike...seriously. ord dirt awaits pending some hooky homework.

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
half_man_half_scab said:
I had a great time today. It was my first time on the rigid single speed in a while and it was 4.5 hrs of the good kind of hurt. I was really surprised by the gnarlsomeness of trail 42. I rode up 24 with the intention of going to 61, but I guess my intel was bad/non-existant. Many dead ends and frustrating closures. Ended up backtracking down 24 which was pretty fun. Definitely learned not to go up 60, one of two trails that I needed to walk. Beautiful park!
24 appears to be closed near just before it meets up with the paved road. i'd come all the way from gigling so i decided to ride through the closed area.

also 61 seemed fine to me. it starts at the base of where they did some work with hay to cover up the gnarly illegal area just across the pavement from the top of trail 50. 61 zig-zags up to the top of the plateau and then connects to the rest of the singletrack which finally puts you out onto the other paved road. so if you have not been in that area lately, check it out. the climb appeared to be a new build

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.