Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with an Orbea Rise replaced the stock EW-EN100 junction with the SC-EM800 Display? I know I have to remove the EW-SD300 to EW-SD50 adapter that is in the head tube. My question is, is the EW-SD300 cable long enough to reach the Display or is an extension cable needed?

I have the Display, but I want to make sure I have everything needed before I disassemble the bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just read today that if your bike came with EN100, you need to get the SC-E7000, the non-color version. This is to ensure compatibility with the remote. The issue is the EM800 uses a different cable than the existing remote. If you want the EM800, you need to swap out the remote also.

This is a great summary of the issue.

Orbea Rise - Shimano SC-E7000 Display Installation - EMTB Forums

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock remote works with the SC-EM800. Ended up being pretty simple. I ordered the SC-EM800 and a short 150mm EW-SD300 cable. Then did the following:

Removed the EW-EN100 and the EW-SD50 cable. Since I wasn't going to reuse the EW-SD50 cable, I ended up cutting the end off the cable inside the headtube because I didn't want to remove the dropper cable.
Removed the EW-AD305 adapter that is inside the headtube. (It's wrapped in some foam)
Mounted the SC-EM800 Display to the Bars.
Pushed the EW-SD300 cable through the headtube and plugged it into the Display. (The EW-SD300 cable has plenty of slack).
Plugged the short EW-SD300 cable I purchased into Display.
Plugged EW-AD305 adapter to the other end of the short cable.
And finally, plugged cable from the remote to the adapter.

Everything works fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just read today that if your bike came with EN100, you need to get the SC-E7000, the non-color version. This is to ensure compatibility with the remote. The issue is the EM800 uses a different cable than the existing remote. If you want the EM800, you need to swap out the remote also.

This is a great summary of the issue.

Orbea Rise - Shimano SC-E7000 Display Installation - EMTB Forums
You do not need to swop out the remote. You purchase a short length of sd300 cable and use the adapter in the head tube to convert the sd50 on the remote to an sd300 and use the purchased cable to connect between the adapter and the Sc-em800.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone with an Orbea Rise replaced the stock EW-EN100 junction with the SC-EM800 Display? I know I have to remove the EW-SD300 to EW-SD50 adapter that is in the head tube. My question is, is the EW-SD300 cable long enough to reach the Display or is an extension cable needed?

I have the Display, but I want to make sure I have everything needed before I disassemble the bike.
A bit old reply here, but I thought I'd share my experience. I replaced my EN100 with an EM800 on my 2021 Rise LTD. After a lot of research I had read that I needed to have available a 100 mm SD 300 cable for the conversion. As it turns out, it was not necessary. The SD300 cable that was inside the frame was long enough to reach all the way to the EM800 display. Unfortunately, in order to do the install, the motor had to be removed from the bike. But in the end, I ended up with a really clean factory looking install.

This may help:
Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame

Bicycle Tire Wheel Land vehicle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts