Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi swoop, interested to know if you test rode to come up with an xl sizing ?
I ask as I am 6’1” with a 33.5” inseam and the Orbea calculator puts me on a large. No chance to demo so trying to get as many opinions on sizing as possible before I decide on a size to order.
and here i'm , 6.1" tall looking na M size....lol

but only because its in stock

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
I'm not much taller than 6'1" but have a longer inseam and am on a XL. After riding this bike for a season I'd say forget about inseam and focus on reach for sizing. I definitely wouldn't want to step down in size but wouldn't want any more reach either.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Anyone have any guidance on swapping brake systems on the Rallon? I just bought a new set of Magura MT7's and have never routed brakes internally before. Does anyone have any tips on doing this on the Rallon?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Anyone have any guidance on swapping brake systems on the Rallon? I just bought a new set of Magura MT7's and have never routed brakes internally before. Does anyone have any tips on doing this on the Rallon?
To be honest it was pretty easy. When I swapped to my XT 4-pots, it was the first time ever messing with Hydraulic brakes. Running the cable through the frame wasn't too difficult either. With the removable cable covers on inner chainstay and upper downtube, the openings are pretty easy to get the cables out of the frame, I just used a pick. Just start feeding the cables through the frame from the center toward each end. To install the olive and barbs and bleeding the system, I just watched a youtube video and all was simple.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Also make sure the existing cables aren't compatible and just leave them. Can't say for certain without looking it up but would wager the stock XT lines are the same as the 4 pots. It depends on the inner diameter but most are the same anymore. I simply left the lines and used Saint calipers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Also make sure the existing cables aren't compatible and just leave them. Can't say for certain without looking it up but would wager the stock XT lines are the same as the 4 pots. It depends on the inner diameter but most are the same anymore. I simply left the lines and used Saint calipers.
Thanks,

If i was using Shimano 4 pots, i certainly would leave the lines, but i am using Magura now, so its likely a totally different system.

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
So I have an interesting update on Rallon internal routing.

I made an attempt to route the new brake line through the frame and actually found a foam tube that the previous brake line/shift cable was run through. It could just be something to stop cable rattling in the frame itself but im not sure. I was unsuccessful in routing the new line through this routing tube, but thought y'all should know. I've given up and am taking it into my local shop so they can deal with it. Internal tubing (1).jpg Internal tubing (2).jpg

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Definitely there for rattling. All three of my downtube lines run through a foam tubbing like that. Found it easy enough to reuse it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
So I have an interesting update on Rallon internal routing.

I made an attempt to route the new brake line through the frame and actually found a foam tube that the previous brake line/shift cable was run through. It could just be something to stop cable rattling in the frame itself but im not sure. I was unsuccessful in routing the new line through this routing tube, but thought y'all should know. I've given up and am taking it into my local shop so they can deal with it. View attachment 1290257 View attachment 1290259
I did the upper half of the frame first. Pulled the foam out of the frame. Pull as much of the new line out of the frame from the top leaving 6" of cable coming out of lower end. Slowly slide foam onto top half of cable. I inched it on kinda like a caterpillar. Once foam tube is on, slide back in to frame then install cable through chainstay.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rear shock hardware sizes

So, does somebody know the exact sizes of the rear shock hardware ? I measure about M8 x 16 and M8 x 21. But when looking up the hardware available for Rockshox I see tons of 0.2mm increments.

I sent an email to Orbea but no reply :(

Thanks for any pointers !!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey guys, I’m getting a bit bored with the bike and feel like experimenting. Can someone post the widest rim/tire combo they’ve safely run. I’m thinking of running Enve m735s with 2.5 f/r or The Santa Cruz 37s if there is enough clearance. Or 28s on the stick 30id rim.

Thx

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey guys, I’m getting a bit bored with the bike and feel like experimenting. Can someone post the widest rim/tire combo they’ve safely run. I’m thinking of running Enve m735s with 2.5 f/r or The Santa Cruz 37s if there is enough clearance. Or 28s on the stick 30id rim.

Thx
I'm running 29x2.6 Maxxis Minions, I'm sure 29x2.8 would fit, but would be tight clearance in the mud. I fit my 27.5x2.8 Minions on the bike to check BB height for another member....they fit easily but BB was way toooo low.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Rally-On link questions.

Hey folks. Wondering if anyone here has upgraded their 2018 Rallon with the Rally-on linkage. If so, I am wondering what folks are doing about air pressure and shock tokens?

Pinkbike's article said you may need to ramp up pressure a few PSI and remove a token. I've removed a token but left the pressure at my standard. Im curious if anyone has any anecdotal evidence supporting me needing to up pressure at all?

I've not ridden the bike with the new link on yet, so I am trying to establish a baseline and go from there. Any help is appreciated!

261 - 276 of 276 Posts