Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

241 - 260 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Any links for a chain guide?

Thinking one up but what's everyone using.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Really you may as well go OneUp. Its superlight, good durability, and comes with like 4 spare guides (mine did). Plus its a $35 upgrade. Well worth it

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Looking for opinions on sizing the Rallon. I’m 5’9”, comparing the Rallon to the Smash, the large Rallon is more similar to the medium Smash. Talking to Guerrilla Gravity, they’re pushing me toward the medium Smash. The sizing feature on the Orbea web site is recommending the s/m Rallon.

Ultimately, I’d like to ride both s/m and large Rallons, so just looking for a discussion.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Looking for opinions on sizing the Rallon. I’m 5’9”, comparing the Rallon to the Smash, the large Rallon is more similar to the medium Smash. Talking to Guerrilla Gravity, they’re pushing me toward the medium Smash. The sizing feature on the Orbea web site is recommending the s/m Rallon.

Ultimately, I’d like to ride both s/m and large Rallons, so just looking for a discussion.
I think it will come down to your arm and leg length. The Rallon is a deceptively big bike thanks to the steep seat tube angle. It feels small when you first get on it and start pedaling around. But once you get the seat out of the way and stand it becomes a much longer bike.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looking to upgrade my cranks from the stock (M10) Sram X1's with something lighter. I was looking at the Truvativ Stylo or Descendant. Anyone have experience with them? Worth the $260 on Jenson? Or should I save and go for RF Next R's?

Also looking at going with the new XT 4 pistons, at least up front. Does anyone have time on those yet? I love the lever but i am a big dude (225lbs with gear on) so I could use some more power.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Ordered MyO Rallon today. Orbea says delivery is "late September". According to my shop they have multiple bare frames on the wall in Spain ready for paint, the delay is due to European holiday.

• Black on black frame
  • Metallic graphite details/logos
  • 36 Float Factory
  • Float X2 Factory
  • E-1501 wheels (will swap with my LB/I9s from my Primer to this)
  • M8020 brakes (stoked I don't have to deal with swapping inferior Guides)

myo (1).jpg

R&A Cycles has an M-LTD for 20% off. That's only $630 more than the MyO and you get full XX1, DHX2, XMC wheels and more carbon...but I just couldn't stomach the mint/blue. Parts wear out and need replacing, but that mint/blue frame would be around for a while, and I just couldn't see myself in bed with it for the long haul. If Orbea had offered a black or more subtle option instead of three bright colors, they would have needed another factory to meet demand.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just added a fox factory 36
IMG_0350(1).jpg
IMG_0351a.jpg

·
Registered
441 Posts
Looking to upgrade my cranks from the stock (M10) Sram X1's with something lighter. I was looking at the Truvativ Stylo or Descendant. Anyone have experience with them? Worth the $260 on Jenson? Or should I save and go for RF Next R's?

Also looking at going with the new XT 4 pistons, at least up front. Does anyone have time on those yet? I love the lever but i am a big dude (225lbs with gear on) so I could use some more power.
I have Descendant Carbons on my Evil Insurgent and they are great!
With the descendants you can keep the same bottom bracket, with the next R's you'll need a new BB and BB tool to install it plus a new Chainring so cost is even more than just the crank. I know because I upgraded to the next R's on my M10. I also upgraded to the XT 4piston on the front of my Rallon.....phenomenal stopping power. Will eventually get one for the rear....just don't feel like having to install it. plus after a 20% off ebay coupon and ebay bucks i only paid $35 for it from Backcountry.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Wondering if the fox live battery will fit into the bag that comes with rallon-and if that was maybe a big purpose for it.
I don't know because you aren't fitting much in there. Also, just as an FYI running a Fabric Cageless bottle with it isn't going to happen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
What's the biggest tire size y'all have successfully fit front and rear (Fox 36 as a baseline fork). Wondering if I can fit a 2.8 inch tire in my 36 and maybe a 2.6 in the rear?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm running 2.6 front and rear. Specialized Butcher and Purgatory

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ordered my Rallon today. M10 19 in XL with fork upgrade. Really wanted the wheel upgrade too but couldn't quite stretch that far.

They are quoting nov 14-16 as build window, with another week or so transport to my LBS. Gonna be long two months...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Also, any reason why the frame is $4000?
Is it because of the customization?
Yeti frame is cheaper than that!
For $1500 more, you can customize the full bike? Does not make sense to me.

·
Whiskey Alpha
39 Posts
2019 Custom MyO Rallon M10 - "Orbea Blue" w/ White logos, Gloss finish

Ordered 7/2/2019, arrived 9/3/2019.

Items upgraded from stock M10 config:

Fox Factory 36 Fork
Fox Transfer Factory Dropper 100mm
Race Face Next R 35mm handlebar 20mm rise
Race Face Turbine R 35mm stem (32mm length)
TruVativ Descendant Carbon Eagle DUB Crankset
K-Edge Gravity Cap for Wahoo Bolt
Problem Solver MatchMaker (SRAM to Shimano adapter)
Wolf Tooth Light Action ReMote
Ergon GE1 Evo Factory Grips (Frozen Stealth)
Scott Syncros Fox 36 Trail Fender
DMR Vault Flat Pedals (White, Blue pins)
WTB Tubeless TCV Valves (Blue)
Wrapped in Invisiframe UK gloss 3M clear kit

241 - 260 of 276 Posts