Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rallon owners. Is it possible that I prefer the dpx2 to the dhx2? I am 185 lbs w/ a 500lb spring. I am blowing through entire travel on aggressive southeast riding. Just seems the Dhx2 is either bottoming out on repeated medium size hits or I’m really struggling with the settings. Thoughts. Would appreciate setting suggestions.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Rallon owners. Is it possible that I prefer the dpx2 to the dhx2? I am 185 lbs w/ a 500lb spring. I am blowing through entire travel on aggressive southeast riding. Just seems the Dhx2 is either bottoming out on repeated medium size hits or I’m really struggling with the settings. Thoughts. Would appreciate setting suggestions.
Have you considered a 550 spring? Also I would check out what size and shape the bump stop is on the Rallon specific Push coil shock and replicate it on the Fox. I’m waiting on my Rallon and my push coil so when they arrive I can comment further.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Generally this bike should prefer an air shock as its not super progressive...i guess for long race runs a stiff coil would be good but if u look at some of the world cup guys even they run air on bikes that aren't very progressive.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
DPX2 works really well. I'm 200 lbs full kit and I put 245 psi in the DPX2 and it has great mid stroke support and I'm not blowing through the travel on 2'-4' drops. My terrain in Colombia doesn't have anything really larger than that currently. I do run the DPX2 only in open mode and I dial in 4 clicks of Compression on the allen adjustment

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
^ Ditto that.
I only have one small demo ride on the rallon with the dhx2 so I can't really comment on it. However I'm a long time mtb'r and have owned/ridden many shocks over the years and all my bikes sus eventually goes off to push or avy. With that said I'm loving the dpx2. Zero wallow and can run the rebound fast enough to not pack up yet doesn't buck off jumps. Those are both firsts for a stock air shock for me. They really got the tune right on this thing. Single high speed square edge hits could be better, but I'm still fine tuning.

Reactions: BigJZ74

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
One other note that I’ve added the Transition Sentinel to my stable and although the bike is the best I’ve ridden in regards to 29’DH ability the Rallon is still without a doubt the better all around bike and does everything else better than the Sentinel.

I know lots of people are all over the Ripmo at this moment but I’m still positive that the Rallon is equal in most every category and more surefooted on the downs

Reactions: BigJZ74

·
Registered
841 Posts
After a flurry of excited parts buying for my Rallon that hasn’t been delivered yet it seems I bought two 203mm rotors (from different places). Does anyone know if I can fit a 203 on the rear?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Anyone know if the Rallon can fit 27.5x2.8 tires and has tried the bike with 27.5's?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I was playing around with colors on MYO. What do you like better?
1. Grey/red
2. Navy/orange
3. Yellow/purple/red

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Id live to see an myo rallon ala f1 merc...so the matte ish silver with the light blu/green accents.
But the red/gray above is nice.
Couldn't tell but have one color matte one gloss.

221 - 240 of 276 Posts