Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A brand new M10 Occam, and the seatpost collar is not too tight. I still think the dropper is slow on the ascend and also too tight on the drop.

Anybody knows if this can be adjusted??

On my Santa 5010 with Rockshox there's a easy adjustment for sped/tightness.

Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
https://www.orbea.com/us-en/support/manuals/dropper-post-oc-2/

Aside from making sure your cable is set properly, not sure how much that document will help you. The dropper is really my only complaint about the M10 build. Last year at Outerbike Bentonville, when it was cold and rainy, I observed that pretty much everyone (myself included) was having trouble with the OC droppers. When building my Occam up I noted that there wasn't a good way to secure the cable housing at the base of the post, and thought that was odd. Mine worked well most of the season but now that weather is turning cold and wet in the PNW, the post is starting to misbehave much like the ones at Outerbike: as the colder ride goes on, the post slows down. End of my last ride it was basically locked up...I had to hold the lever and sit on it for ~5s for it to finally move down, and coming up also slow.

I'll be pulling it tomorrow to check on things so will follow up then. Prior to this I've used TransX, X-Fusion, and KS droppers, all of which had a pretty easy solution: top up air pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Thats also my initial impressions - Just could not belive that could be the case on such an expensive bike.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Same bike and same problem with mine. Not much help from my bike shop although it is under warranty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the solution. Loosen the dropper, lift the ring thats fitted underneath the outside ring, lift that ring and give it a good amount of grease. Works great now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts