Discussion Starter #3
2mellow taking pics of me taking pics of him shooting pics of the Alma 29
IMG_4025.jpg

Dropout
IMG_4027.jpg

·
Work Shed...
563 Posts
It's a really unique looking frame.. I was under the impression that it would be exactly like the 26" carbon frame. I hope some racers actually jump on this frame, as it looks well suited for it!

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks pretty much the same as the 26" frame though their tech guy says it was re-engineered for the bigger wheels. The stays are reshaped for tire and f. derailleur clearance with 445mm (?) CSL.

They had 4-6 built up Alma 29ers in the booth.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
endure26 said:
Shiggy

What do you make of those dropouts? Pretty unusual looking from here. Unlike any of the carbon offerings I've seen.
I trust their engineering. I heard part of the presentation by their tech guy. The frame design is well research, tested and built.

He also mentioned they are wanted to put their Euro Pro XC team on the 29er.

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
Nice! That thing looks fast as fock.

I love the ingenuity of shaping the frame like a fender and the fresh dropout idea. Throw a leg over one and let us know if it's the F1 of niners! :D
You are the best for getting all the photos and info to us.

Deeply indebted,
OGG :rolleyes:

·
highly visible
3,271 Posts
Wow, very nice! Too bad they won't make one in my size. You know, so I could at least entertain a realistic fantasy about buying one.

·
highly visible
3,271 Posts
shiggy said:
Yet. Give them time.
Thanks for keeping my dream alive, Shig.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Is it available as a frame? I would install a Pace fork, FSA Team Issue cranks, Zipp 303 Clincher Wheelset. And then I would fly right by the rangers with their radar guns. :D

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it shaped *to* act as a fender, or is it shaped *and happens* to act as a fender??
Paraphrasing, he said it was shaped - within the structural requirements - to act as a minimalist fender because they could. The underside is slightly concave with a very small lip at the sides.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
shiggy said:
Paraphrasing, he said it was shaped - within the structural requirements - to act as a minimalist fender because they could. The underside is slightly concave with a very small lip at the sides.
Interesting.
I wouldn't want things hitting the carbon if I could avoid it - though I guess a kevlar ply would limit damage.

·
528 Posts
Thanks Shiggy. You have brought us great photos. Keep up the good work. I really like that the option to use V-Brakes is there as well. I'll bet that this thing will be next to impossible to get.

·
highly visible
3,271 Posts
shiggy said:
Hmm. Not very aero. :D :D

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
threesixeight said:
Thanks Shiggy. You have brought us great photos. Keep up the good work. I really like that the option to use V-Brakes is there as well. I'll bet that this thing will be next to impossible to get.
Word is the production frames will be disc only

1 - 20 of 25 Posts