Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Mtbr
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just bought an Orbea Alma M50 Eagle used. It has a Rockshox Recon in need of a rebuild. I am thinking I will buy a Marzocchi Bomber Z2 to swap it out rather than pay for a rebuild. I noticed on my fork label, it says the rake is 51mm. Online, it says it is 44mm for this frame. I am planning to go with the 44mm, but want to double check. Has anyone seen this before? 44mm is the correct way to go for this frame - correct?

Here is the link to my bike's spec page: 2019 Orbea ALMA M50-EAGLE - Specs, Comparisons, Reviews - 99 Spokes

· Registered
111 Posts
Hi all, I just bought an Orbea Alma M50 Eagle used. It has a Rockshox Recon in need of a rebuild. I am thinking I will buy a Marzocchi Bomber Z2 to swap it out rather than pay for a rebuild. I noticed on my fork label, it says the rake is 51mm. Online, it says it is 44mm for this frame. I am planning to go with the 44mm, but want to double check. Has anyone seen this before? 44mm is the correct way to go for this frame - correct?

Here is the link to my bike's spec page: 2019 Orbea ALMA M50-EAGLE - Specs, Comparisons, Reviews - 99 Spokes
Just go with the 44 offset. Cheaper forks, such as the recon, often only come in the 51 offset, that's why there is a difference between some models, depending on spec. 44 is more stable and a little less agile, but has no real drawbacks. Z2 is an excellent choice.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 5 mit Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.