Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's taken me a little while to get this together but it is finally finished and well worth the wait. Only a couple of rides so far but feels really good and I'm looking forward to many more SS miles.

Built up from a mixture of new parts and bits from my old Orange C16. Details and photos below.

New parts

Frame – 2009 Orange P7 (21”)
Forks – Orange F8 (steel rigid)
Headset & Spacers – Hope
Seat post – Thomson Elite
Seat post clamp – Hope QR 31.8mm
Front brake – Avid BB7 203mm
Rear brake – Avid BB7 160mm
Cables – Shimano XT
QR skewers - Hope

Parts from old bike

Wheels – Shimano XT hubs / Mavic X618 rims
Tyres – Maxxis Worm Drive (for commuting), Tioga DH 2.1 (for trail)
Cranks – Sugino Fuse
Bottom Bracket – Shimano UN53
Chain ring – Sinz 37T
Cog – Surly 18T
Chain – 3/32”
Seat – Fizik
Bars – Kore
Stem – Race Face Ride
Brake levers – Avid Single Digit 3
Grips – ODI Yeti hardcore
Pedals – Shimano PD-M515 SPD’s

Attachments

·
Baby Bear is in the house
2,069 Posts
nomad9 said:
It's taken me a little while to get this together but it is finally finished and well worth the wait. Only a couple of rides so far but feels really good and I'm looking forward to many more SS miles.
Nice :cool: :thumbsup:
Would you mind taking and posting a pic of the tire clearance at the chainstays? I'm considering this frame for a 650B conversion ;)

·
2,069 Posts
nomad9 said:
No problem. Hope the attached picture helps. I reckon there is plenty of clearance. The distance from the tyre to the straight piece between the stays is approx 30mm.

Cheers.
Whoa, that's massive clearance there! :eek:
Thanks! :thumbsup:
Where have you got the sliders at, near the middle I suppose?

Edit: I took a second look at your other pics and saw that the sliders are all the way forward. Those are pretty skinny semislicks. What size are they?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the semi slicks are pretty skinny. They are 1.9 x 26. Just use them for commuting and road work. I'll be putting my off road tyres on this week to give the bike a good thrashing next weekend.

·
2,069 Posts
nomad9 said:
Yeah, the semi slicks are pretty skinny. They are 1.9 x 26. Just use them for commuting and road work. I'll be putting my off road tyres on this week to give the bike a good thrashing next weekend.
One more question, if you don't mind.
What's the A2C of that rigid fork you're running? Do you have any idea what head and seat angles you've got there with that fork?
I'm a bit concerned with the stated 69/73 HA/SA numbers given on Orange's website for this frame, as they don't mention what fork length/A2C they used to get the measurements. And they don't have an e-mail address I can send the question to :rolleyes:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the fork direct from the Orange website and they specify it as a 450mm length. Sorry but I couldn't tell you what frame angles you end up with but it feels good!

Try this email address and you might get a response from Orange

[email protected]

Cheers.

·
2,069 Posts
nomad9 said:
I bought the fork direct from the Orange website and they specify it as a 450mm length. Sorry but I couldn't tell you what frame angles you end up with but it feels good!

Try this email address and you might get a response from Orange

[email protected]

Cheers.
Ahh, thanks for that! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.